visa

sarahwatton

May 3, 2006
I have been over to the dr now a few times. I have an apprtment over there i am going to rent in the puerto plata area? Can any one tell me how much it will cost to get to the imigration office in santa dimingo to get an application form or where i can get one on the internet please. I have now worked out how to use this site (for everyone with their such nice helpful comments). I am going back over in june to apply for jobs and pay my deposit for my appartment. I would be very grateful if anyone can help as someone said i do not need a visa and some say i do?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
sarahwatton said:
I have been over to the dr now a few times. I have an apprtment over there i am going to rent in the puerto plata area? Can any one tell me how much it will cost to get to the imigration office in santa dimingo to get an application form or where i can get one on the internet please. I have now worked out how to use this site (for everyone with their such nice helpful comments). I am going back over in june to apply for jobs and pay my deposit for my appartment. I would be very grateful if anyone can help as someone said i do not need a visa and some say i do?

I do hope you do not pretend to find a job that requires proper use of the English language!! LOL:p:p Two 'm's in immigration, and just one 'p' in apartment!! Tsk, Tsk....

The office you want is the Migraci?n, located on Avenida George Washington in Santo Domingo. Your bus trip will cost you about RD$600 r/t plus another two or three hundred for taxis in Santo Domingo.

You would be best off finding a lawyer to handle your case...cost will be around US$1200-1500 depending on the lawyer...

You do not need a visa. You will enter the country as a tourist. If you stay longer than 15 days there is an insignificant fine. Hell, you can stay here for five years for, like, RD$15,000.

You will use your British/UK passport as your legal identity for the rental agreement (and I hope you use a lawyer to help with this, too.)\

You can start the residency procedures and then return home.

HB :D:D

sarahwatton

May 3, 2006
thank you for your help. much appreciated. I am going over in june, to look at apartments so will be trying to find jobs then. thanks again for your help.