best hotel in santiago

ddoran

Apr 23, 2006
need to stay there july 18 and 19

any recommendations?

any discount plans?

thanks

May 12, 2005
I recommend the Hotel Platino. It's around $50/night. The stndard sized rooms are on the small side but its very clean and well run. I have stayed there several times myself. Although I have not stayed there, the Hotel colonial also comes highly recommended by several memebers here.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Frank the Tank said:
I recommend the Hotel Platino. It's around $50/night. The stndard sized rooms are on the small side but its very clean and well run. I have stayed there several times myself. Although I have not stayed there, the Hotel colonial also comes highly recommended by several memebers here.
I agree. Go one step better than the standard, and the rooms are fine. Friendly place, nice staff, convenient location, modest price. Their small cafe is fine, and Cafe Decano, with some of the best coffee drinks anywhere, is across the parking lot, and they have free internet computors or bring your laptop (like me).

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
When the President of the D.R. goes to Santiago, any President they always stay at the Hotel Gran Almirante. HB is right again.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
I agree with Hillbilly, El Hotel Gran Almirante is probably the best hotel in Santiago. However, the best value may be the Hotel Platino (ask about their weekend or business special rates). Stay away from the Colonial unless you are on a very low budget.

zak023

Done and dusted!
Feb 8, 2006
Hotel Gran Almirante

I too agree with HB and Sky..I have personally not stayed there but have seen it and you did ask for the best..

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
....and then ask for the "executive concierge level".....that way you can get up to about $ 225 bucks per night ....and have some privacy......

nycjazzsinger

May 16, 2006
Santiago Hotel : Platino vs. Aloha Sol

How does the Platino compare to the Hotel Aloha Sol? in terms of location and quality?

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
About the same. Platino is a little off the beaten path on Estrella Sadhal?, in a mall-like area. Aloha Sol is on Calle del Sol in the middle of downtown Santiago.

HB:D:D