what if fiance is in north coast

skyblue

Mar 20, 2006
question, if applying for k-1 visa will the interview be in santo domingo??? if fiance lives in puerto plata then they would have to travel to the capital for interview? will i have to be there too? is this the only time? thanks

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
The answers to your questions are exactly as m'frog posted...

My question to you is this...Why WOULDN'T you want to be there for the interview?

Do you know what happens during the interview for a fiance visa? The first thing they are looking for is that the RELATIONSHIP IS FOR REAL...therefore, you NOT being there for it, sends up a BIG RED FLAG...

And if your fiance wants that visa, is it that much trouble for him to travel to the capital? It seems to me that it's a smalll price to pay for the coveted visa...

What do you mean 'is this the only time'...****, if you guys really wanted this, you would be jumping through hoops to get it...

Seems to me that this is either a sock puppet or not a very solid relationship...

MQ

skyblue

Mar 20, 2006
k-1

thanks for the info. i never realized how lengthy the process could be. from reading the different forums it appears things have to be done just right to avoid pitfalls. good food for thought

Nelly

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
MQ I can see why you'd think what you did but consider that not everyone has the financial means or time off work to be able to go to the DR at will.
Cuidate,
Nelly