Royal Holiday

blondie woman

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 2, 2006
Didnt know where to ask this. but DR 1 seemd my best bet to start. what is the deal with the Company ? ROYAL HOLIDAY / I think my my boyfriend, and now also myself got the old bait and switch pulled on us. I have never had such a run around getting a refund, and have even gone as far as going back to the resort where this was purchased to resolve this issue, and still get the run around. can any one advise me as to how to get this resolved, or who to contact, or the laws about a deceptive type of practice ? Bought this "membership at Bavaro Princess, and now cant even use it for a year. whats the deal, any advise. I'm going in circles !!!!! Thanks

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Businesswoman?

blondie woman said:
....getting a refund.... where this was purchased... deceptive type of practice ? Bought this "membership at Bavaro Princess....
Are you under age?
What exactly did you buy?
Did you sign any papers without reading them?
How much did your boyfriend contribute?
Was he involved in the deal?

m'frog

blondie woman

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 2, 2006
Oh No...

NOT UNDERAGE,
MY SIGNATURE WAS FORGED AND EXCEPTED MY THE SALES REP, KNOWING THAT i SAID NO TO THIS, BUT TALKED MY BOY FRIEDN INTO SIGNING BOTH OUR NAMES IN FRONT OF HIM, AND EXCEPTING THIS WITHOUT A DOCUMENT TO SUPPORT POWER OF ATTORNEY LlIED TO MY BOYFRIEND,WHO NOT ONLY WAS DRUNK AT THE TIME BUT A SOFT SELL, AS SO MANY ARE DOWN THERE ON VAVATION, IF HE DID NOT SELL A PACKAGE TODAY HE WOULD LOSE HIS JOB, AS WELL AS HIS FAMILY...GREATSALES PITCH. iT WAS ALSO HOURS BEFORE WE LEFT TO GO HOME SO i DIDNT EVEN KNOW OF THIS UNTIL WE LEFT, AS MY BOYFRIEND PASSED OUT AND i HEARD OF THE WHHOLE THING ON THE WAY HOME. gOT ANY ASVISE. bOUGHT A "TIME SHARE" TRIAL MEMBERSHIP, A DOWNPAYMENT WITH CONTRACT, WITH MONTHLY PAYMENTS TO FOLLOW. i READ NOTHING, AND I THINK HE WAS COERSED INTO SIGNING DUE TO VACATION, DRINKING PARTIYING, AND JUST LOVING ALL THINGS DOMINICAN.

Posting in all caps is really hard on the eyes and is considered to be shouting or yelling in board etiquette.

In future please use upper and lower case as appropriate.

Thank you.

Gregg
Mod.

Last edited by a moderator:

jackquontee

May 20, 2005
I also bought a vacation package from this company a few years ago in Cancun. My last experience with them was last year when they claimed I owed them some money for a trip I had taken the previous year, although I sent them proof (a copy of the credit card statement) showing that the additional fee for which they were then trying to charge me had been paid at the time I reserved the trip with them. This went back and forth for several days until I told them to kiss my a**. The charge still sits in my account.

All I'll say is that a class action lawsuit needs to be filed against this company. The only problem with this is that their response would be to simply file bankruptcy, open up under a new name, and continue business as usual. My best advice is to chalk it up to an expensive learning experience. I have. You can Google Royal Holiday to find other horror stories, if you'd like.

If there has been any saving grace in this whole mess it is that it was the use of my vacation package that introduced me to the DR (Bavaro Princess, Punta Cana).

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Most of the Vacation clubs work just within the Law. Your only hope, short of proving in a Dominican court that your signature on a Dominican contract was forged, is to dispute the charge if you paid by credit card. Did you sign the credit card voucher? If not, dispute the charge and require your credit card company to provide you with a copy of the signed voucher. Just hope it is not a good forgery. Once you reverse the credit card charge, chances are they will not come after you to enforce the contract. If they do, they will have to do it in your home country to be able to attach anything of yours. If that is the case, at least you will be in your home legal system.