Best way to get a taxi from La Romana Airport to Canoa Coral by Hilton?

VDPHB

May 15, 2006
Hi everyone,

Can someone please let me know what the best way to get a taxi from La Romana Airport to the Canoa Coral? Should I pre book a taxi or just get a taxi when I arrive? What is a reasonable price? I've heard around $20.

Thanks for your help!

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
VDPHB.
Welcome to DR1. I can't answer your question other then to say that the airport is about 30 minutes east of La Romana and I think there should be enough taxis there for you to get one. I will advise you to set the price before getting in the cab. If the price sounds too high then say no and look for another as haggling a price is the custom here. Hang tight as there are other board members that will get back to you concerning your question.

Enjoy your stay and when you get back home we would appreciate it if you could find the time to give us a report of your experiences in the "Trip Report Forum". Enjoy our paradise.

Rick

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Airport taxi stand has fare (quoted in dollars) posted to most destinations. No tip is necessary either.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
VDPHB said:
Hi everyone,

Can someone please let me know what the best way to get a taxi from La Romana Airport to the Canoa Coral? Should I pre book a taxi or just get a taxi when I arrive? What is a reasonable price? I've heard around $20.

Thanks for your help!

The best and less stressful way is to acquire a taxi when you arrive. The going rate should be around US $40 for 1 - 5 passengers from the airport to Bayahibe where the Canoa Coral is located. The trip will take about 30 minutes. Note: The rates should be posted at the airport taxi stand as Howmar indicated. Be very sure of the rate with the driver before you get in the vehicle, whatever he quotes and you agree upon, write it down and show the note to him.

Enjoy your visit.

Regards,
PJT