Interesting Story...

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
We were considering renting this apartment and the apartment needed repairs and paint. So we are sitting in the landlords attorneys office and the attorney is explaining to me that it is not necessary to do the paint and repairs. That even though the contract reads in "buen estado" when I leave the apartment I would not be responsible. Now of course this sounded crazy to me and I declined to rent the apartment.

Now, we are considering another apartment and the apartment needs repairs and paint. So I call my attorney who just so happens to be in the same office as the office of the attorney that the landlord uses in the first part of the story. Okay...I ask her to assist me with insuring that the contract is okay. She says to me....what is important is that I have them do all the repairs and paint before I sign the contract....because after you sign the contract you are responsible for returning the apartment to them in "buen estado".

Same Attorney Office...Different storyline according to what they need to say for the particular situation.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
When a lawyer or landlord says, "no problem", it actually means that it is no problem for him, because, after you have signed, it will be your problem.
What they say to you at a signing, is what they think you want to hear and has nothing to do with the truth.
Buyer beware!!!

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
You have never heard "how can you tell when a lawyer is telling a lie.....his lips are moving."

Bob K