being sued for 20 years ago

amm6

Sep 10, 2003
I am wondering if anyone knows the DR laws about being sued. I have family that is was sued for something that happened 20 years ago. I dont know all of the details about the case but it seems to me that this is a bit ridiculous. If any one has any information or now of a website with info please let me know.
Thanks a bunch - ammy

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
amm6 said:
I am wondering if anyone knows the DR laws about being sued. I have family that is was sued for something that happened 20 years ago. I dont know all of the details about the case but it seems to me that this is a bit ridiculous. If any one has any information or now of a website with info please let me know.
Thanks a bunch - ammy

Ammy, the expiration term depends on the case, and the legal procedure involved. These are defined in the legal code. You will have to check with a lawyer and give him/her all the details of the case...

Apr 30, 2006
www.drlawyer.com
As mirador said, you should contact a lawyer or give us more information about the case. Anyhow, you should be aware that the longest statute of limitations in the Dominican Republic is 20 years.