Just back from Cayena Beach Club...

fitnessguy

Jan 27, 2006
For what it's worth I wanted to let everyone know about my stay at Cayena Beach Club in Punta Cana. This was the perfect spot for R&R. I honestly couldn't have asked for more. I'm so relaxed it's my first day back at work and I still haven't gotten anything done!! LOL...

Anyway, this place is great for couples. If you're young and are looking for noise on your vacation then it's not for you. They had a few night time shows and a small dance club from 11pm - 2am in the morning. Other than that, this is the kind of place you go to and just veg out which is what I needed. I have to say for an AI the food was really good too, and that's coming from a picky eater. I'll have some pics up soon once reality sets in and I realize I'm home and I actually have to move my body...

P.S. - Hlywud, if you read this thanks for letting me know about "Cortecito". Got a lot of my gift shopping done there.

For anyone going to to the Bavaro, Punta Cana area and visiting El Cortecito, make sure you begin shopping in the middle of the area. The small shops when you first walk in are all looking to make a quick buck off of you. Some guy tried to sell me a bottle of Coconut punch for $22. I found it for $9 just a few stores over. Plus they don't put price tags on anything in the first few shops. They quote you an out of this world price and wait for you to haggle. The stores further up don't try to pressure you as much and some have price tags on everything.

irie1029

May 27, 2006
Thanks for the info. We will be heading there in October and read some terrible posts on other sites. Thanks for the shopping tip as well. Do you snorkel? I will be trying to find out info on that as well.

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
Fitnessguy,
Thank you for that report. We like to hear how things went for our members when they visit with us. Hope you come back soon.

Irie 1029,
Welcome to DR1. If you go to the Bavaro, Punta Cana forum and post your questions there one of our board members will see it and someone will get back to you. When you get back home from your vacation and you can find the time we would appreciate it if you would give us a report here in the Trip Report Forum about your experiences. Happy holidays.

Rick

fitnessguy

Jan 27, 2006
Rick Snyder said:
Fitnessguy,
Thank you for that report. We like to hear how things went for our members when they visit with us. Hope you come back soon.

Irie 1029,
Welcome to DR1. If you go to the Bavaro, Punta Cana forum and post your questions there one of our board members will see it and someone will get back to you. When you get back home from your vacation and you can find the time we would appreciate it if you would give us a report here in the Trip Report Forum about your experiences. Happy holidays.

Rick

No Problem Rick. Come back soon??? Heck, I'll be there again in late October/ Early November with my wife and some friends. Hopefully I can get the same room I got before. It was an awesome view!!

Irie 1029: I didn't do any snorkeling beyond the beach area, but I heard from others that if you venture out a little more you can see some really cool fish. (That would be on the LTI Resort side of the beach)

*I still haven't figured out how to insert pictures onto the message board. If anyone knows please let me know.