My Story

shootingstar2790

May 15, 2006
www.kassiecollett.piczo.com
So i guess since im reallllyyyy bored and anna told me i could im going to tell you about me my sankie experience.... well one in particular.... yes there were more then one but thats a long story for another day!

So first ill tell you about myself... im 16 years old and im a pretty normal teenage girl from canada. I make brownies with my friends, go to school dances, go to parties, and make scrapbooks on rainy sunday afternoons. I dont consider myself ugly or fat but hey maybe other people might view me that way who am i to tell them what to think about me!

Before i went to the DR i had no idea about sankies at all. My mom had told me that they like young white girls and to be careful but i figured that i could handle myself seeing as ive never run into problems with boys at home that i could deal with! (big mistake)

So i get down there and i start my vacation off perfectly laughing and smiling at all the staff just being the friendly girl that i always try to be regardless and it didnt take long to notice that i was getting tons of attention from the male staff. (Actually i wasnt even out of the airport when one of the flight attendants who was dominican was like "hello beutiful lady" and i was like wow wierd)

So i had a few random marriage offers from staff and bartenders asking me to be their lady and i polietly declined them understanding that they all just wanted a free trip to canada. Now one day however i was playing volley ball on the beach and this animation staff member starts talking to me. (not the one who was refering to me as Senorita Coca Cola as i posted in another thread) but this guy was way differnt then the other staff and i noticed it right away. He was quiet and more reserved then the others very polite and not all up in your face. I imediatly clicked with him we talked and laughed and he met my parents and they loved him. So one night when i was walkign behind the bar to go to the rest room he met me and was talking to me for a few minutes asked my age and told me his then he said may i kiss you once on the cheek. I thought this was a pretty wierd request since most guys have their tounges down your throught before they ask your name backk home so i said yes and then i continued on with my evening and talked to him a bit here and there.

Then the next day i was watching him swimming while i was laying on the beach and he came over to me and started talking to me and asked where my father was. he seemed scared of my dad and didnt want to get in trouble with him i guess.... I told them that him and my mother went for a walk down the beach to a vendor and he didnt press the matter any further. We talked for a bit and he asked me about a scar on my leg and at this point things were getting alittle closer and im like dude im on a beach with staff and tourists all around like does he not realize that this is not acceptable in public bt he didnt seem to care. And again he asked me if he could kiss me once and i said alright.... after that we continues kissing.... but thats is we macked for a bit and i must say his technique was more refined then the slobbering highschool boys back home.

That night we danced a bit and the show and he talked to my family and stuff and he was pretty awesome about everything. He took me up to the disco and i had had a few drinks and was really giddy and he kept taking my drinks away saying i wasnt allowed to drink to much with him he wouldnt let me sweet guesture i thought most guys would try and get u drunk! so we danced (under the watchfull eye of my 18 year old brother who was there so i didnt have to have my parents around. I guess parents arnt ready to let their 16 year old daughter loose in a foreign country!) so he asked me if i would go for a walk with him since i was going to be leaving very early in the morning and he wanted to say good bye to me so i accepted thinking we'd walk around the resort and what not but he led me to the securty gate and told me wed walk around outside of them wich really wasnt off the resort but i didnt want to leave at all i wanted to stay in a public area!

I stopped him and said no i dont want to go out there can we just talk here and he was like no i want to be alone with you and i was like well we're sorta alone here and i was like no dice... so one of the other animation staff members was walking by and i was pretty good friends with him (nothing more) and he explained to me (he had perfect english) that the other guy wanted to just go for a quick walk so i told him ok 10 minutes thinking that i couldnt get into too much trouble in 10 minutes...

So we didnt go far he was right about that and as soon as we had turned the corner he had my pants undone and was kissing me. (me being stupid was like ok its not gonna go far cause back home guys wont even try to do stuff with u their mostly nervous and arnt hard to stop if they arnt) and soon he had my pants down and had me on the ground and i was like wo no stop right now im not doing this and hes like but i love you and im like "like hell you dont even know me dont say that" and he was like why not and got all upset with me and stuff and i was like i said no and after alot of forcefull no's on my part he was like well i have protection you know condom and im like dude i said no (in my head im thinking what loser keeps condoms in his wallet obviously he was used to getting alot or he was plannign this) so he got really mad at me then and litterly grabbed my head and tried to get me to perform well you can guess the rest.... (sory if this is too detailed im trying to water it down) and i was like no a guy does not do that to me and i stood up and straightened my self out said good bye and walked back to my room (kind of ran actually) and i never looked back once.....

i feel kinda bad about leaving him liek that because i still cant believe what he was like but if i hadntve done what i did i liekly would not have walked away the same as i did. (cathc my drift) well needless to say i learned tons from that experience and im realy sory how long this is! PLEASE everyone spare me the lectures on how i was dumb and deserved it and im just a stupid young blond and all that crap cause i obviously know what could have happened and yeah..... im not looking for sympathy or attention so dont even bother criticizing me for that.... i guess the real reason im writing this is not only have i never told a sole about that incident i also hope that other girls will learn from this i think that if someone hadve told me a story like this before i left i might have been a bit wiser..... well thats my story and hope u didnt get tooooo bored!!!
Thanks
KC

*sits and patiently waits the rude remarks to fallow*

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
shootingstar2790 said:
i stood up and straightened my self out said good bye and walked back to my room (kind of ran actually) and i never looked back once.....

You did the right thing.

shootingstar2790 said:
i feel kinda bad about leaving him liek that.

No need. He got just what he deserved.

shootingstar2790 said:
*sits and patiently waits the rude remarks to fallow*

Wait and see. ;)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Wow, you were very lucky. They are good at dancing but also can be very forceful at other things. You should have told your Dad so he could kick his ass before you left.

And for anyone else reading if you say no to one thing as simply as no I don't want to take a walk and he insists then that should be a warning that he has no clue what the word "no' means.

They think you are all there to have a good time and I've heard that sometimes they make bets amongst themselves as to which one of them will succeed in getting into your pants.

This guy needs his ass kicked your 16 for pete sakes!!!

shootingstar2790

May 15, 2006
Thanks anna.... and Celt your both very right.... they can be pretty forcefull and i shouldve clued in that when he continuously asked me to go for a walk that he didnt want to just walk.... i wouldnt be surprised about the bet thing because on the last night guys that i had hardley seen all week were asking me to dance and bringing me drinks and i was liek umm wo are you? I guess im still in that im 16 and invincable stage were i think it wont happen to me! and also when he asked how old i was i said 16 and hes like oh and i was liek how old are u and hes like 24 i was like yeah thats a bit of a differnce but seeing as i was the only female on the resort under about 30 i wasnt gonna pass up friends with the staff they all hung out with me and my brother alot and we were the only teenagers it was mostly aduults and seniors..... guess they were all getting desperate to get some since the resort lacked chicks for them to pick up!

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
He must be kicking himself. Wow what an experience. I'm glad you stopped him and thank goodness you didn't drink more otherwise who knows what would have happened.

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
I agree with Anna you are a lucky girl!
Please don't feel bad about leaving him he deserved it and you did the right think by running away!

How disgusting and pathetic on his part :(

Many people think because these guys are so nice and because they are on vacation nothing bad will happen to them and that is not true!!

My friends and I always get guys saying they want to take us to the clubs. We go to clubs outside the resort on our own all the time. I always tell them we'll see you there and no thank you for the ride. I want them to know we are no fools :)

Just always use your smarts I've met some great people and some not so nice people, life!

shootingstar2790

May 15, 2006
M.A.R.
Why do u think hes kicking himself? sory i just want to clear that up.... yeah i am quite lucky and i did have quite a bit to drink that night i mean my brother and another resort worker (that told my brother he liked me but he was very respectfull and we were great friends) were actually finishing alot of my drinks because anytime someone came over they brought drinks and stuff and if the too of them wernt looking out for me.... well it might not be so good..... im proud of myself for stopping him :D alot of girls would be too scared and just go with it then 9 months later have a new problem and no name to tell the child when he asks about his father.....i really hope that other people can learn from this as i know i have!

shootingstar2790

May 15, 2006
Music,
You are quite right.... i was really niave thinking that his kindness was genuine... and it may have been and he simply thought the wrong things about the moral standards of 16 year olds from canada but i didnt want to risk it..... and your right some of the resort workers were genuinely nice and had no interest in getting on me while others..... well ya..... any ways...your standards regarding clubs off the resort is really smart see i prolly wouldnt have thought of a little thing like accepting a ride can send so many messages... man im glad i found this board! ive learned alot and hope to use it the next time!!:)

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
People make mistakes it's part of life. Just learn from them :)

I have a rule when I go out with my friends. When we are out in the clubs I must always be able to see them in the club and no leaving without me. After a few nights out guys already know I have to be able to see her. They start telling me she's over there lol Some guys get pushy with the whole line
" let's go outside to talk". But I say no where she goes I go and that's it.
We always stick together :)

As much as they seem nice and some might genuinely be nice, I rather not take the chance personally. :) And I always have fun out with less to worry about. I dance the night away and that's just what I go to clubs to do! :)

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Why thank you for the compliment :)

LOL yes your brother is a different story.
Well you'll be more prepared on your next trip and will have more fun!! Just know that some guys will be looking for more :) This doesn't mean you can't enjoy your trip I always do :)

shootingstar2790 said:
Smart Lady.... the friend rule is brilliant really i mean i wish i hadve had a buddy system more like that i mean my brother was there but really who goes to a disco to hang with their brother???

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
shootingstar2790 said:
Smart Lady.... the friend rule is brilliant really i mean i wish i hadve had a buddy system more like that i mean my brother was there but really who goes to a disco to hang with their brother???

You can be out with your brother and he can be at a safe distance in case you need him, especially when you're in a foreign country. We've also heard stories of guys putting things in drinks at a disco so having a brother there to make sure you don't disappear would be great.

LouWigan

May 14, 2006
Thats way out of order on his part, you're only 16!

Well done for being so firm and standing your ground.

shootingstar2790

May 15, 2006
True.... he stayed in the disco with me like he hadnt gone back to the room and when i went for the "walk" he waited by the pool then went to the room with me.... so he was there the whole time its its just i didnt stay glued to him or anything and we're still at the whole my sister is the worst person on the planent stage:p but yeah thinking back now if he wasnt there at all it couldve gone quite diffent:( so for that i guess im glad i had him and i think the dominicans were alittle scared of him they always asked him about me and who i was dating (a few thought we were together) and if they could talk to me or go walk with me he found it hysterical one night in the al la carte resturant he told the waiter that he could marry me if he gave him 2 chickens and a goat!

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
shootingstar2790 said:
M.A.R.
Why do u think hes kicking himself? sory i just want to clear that up.... yeah i am quite lucky and i did have quite a bit to drink that night i mean my brother and another resort worker (that told my brother he liked me but he was very respectfull and we were great friends) were actually finishing alot of my drinks because anytime someone came over they brought drinks and stuff and if the too of them wernt looking out for me.... well it might not be so good..... im proud of myself for stopping him :D alot of girls would be too scared and just go with it then 9 months later have a new problem and no name to tell the child when he asks about his father.....i really hope that other people can learn from this as i know i have!

kicking himself because you were too smart for him and lucky and were able to get away from him, u should be proud of yourself for stopping him.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Brothers and sisiter can be like that when they are young but trust me if he saw you being abused he'd be the first one in there to punch this guys lights out.

shootingstar2790

May 15, 2006
M.A.R. said:
kicking himself because you were too smart for him and lucky and were able to get away from him, u should be proud of yourself for stopping him.
Thanks..... you guys have all been really supportive i was expecting quite a differnt reaction.... you really have all made me feel better about doing the right thing cause im sure as everyone knows that when they are younger (my age) what adults view as the right thing is differnt then teenagers views! thank you so much!

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
I don't think anyone here will rudely comment on your story - truly. You are a very smart girl with good morals, and many can learn from your story. Thank you for sharing - I'm so glad things turned out the way they did - you prevented yourself from feeling bad about something for the rest of your life.

As for him, I agree with Anna, your brother or dad should've kicked his butt before you left. I may not have had the courage to go to hotel management if I was as young as you, but that's another measure that could've been taken. Some resorts may have disciplinary action against this kind of thing happening, however, since he was quite forceful in dragging you off the resort to really try anything, he knows exactly what he can and cannot do.

shootingstar2790

May 15, 2006
AnnaC said:
Brothers and sisiter can be like that when they are young but trust me if he saw you being abused he'd be the first one in there to punch this guys lights out.
Oh i wouldnt doubt it ! hes quite protective in his own way, as much as he makes fun of me i know that hed never want to see me get hurt!.... he leaves for college soon and im gonna miss having my goon!:p