airplanes from capital to cap-haitian

elgat

May 18, 2006
Hello,

I am wondering if anyone knows of any airlines that fly from santo domingo to cap haitien...I know tropical airways used to do it, but when I looked them up online, i couldn't find a number, so I am not sure they are still around. I have a limited travel time, so I cannot take the buses or taptaps (which I have done previously).

Thanks!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
You have to fly Caribair to Port-au-Prince. If you take the early flight you can connect with Caribintair (same airline, different name for internal flights) or Tropical to Cap-Haitien later in the day.

bobandjudy

Jan 20, 2006
HI, Judy and I went to Haiti in June 2005. We discovered that Tropical went out of business, but we were able to fly with a new airline called Tortug'air from Port-au-Prince to Port-de-Paix. Did Tropical resume service? Bob

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Bob, last time I was in Haiti was shortly before that (April 05) and Tropical was still flying. Thanks for the update.

(Great landing strip, Port-de-Paix, isn't it!)

Caribair/Caribintair is still in business, though.

bobandjudy

Jan 20, 2006
Chirimoya, I'm laughing--oh my, that landing strip in Port-de-Paix, Judy and I have memories landing there--one time, the plane hit the ground so hard one of the other passengers screamed bloody murder! Judy and I laughed afterwards because we were so thankful for Tropical turning a 10 hour bus trip to PAP into a 45 mintue plane ride!