Pockets picked in Boca Chica

buseouno

Feb 22, 2005
First, let me say that I am not trying to be an alarmist or scare anyone away from having a great holiday in Boca Chica if that is your thing.
Just be very careful and do NOT carry more money on you than you need for that portion of the day.
I personally know of at least one pickpocket working Boca Chica, I got done today by a professional.
I'm normally in Boca Chica almost every week or so on business and always try my best to not allow a street hooker to get too close to me.
I was walking across the little park to get to my car and saw this girl making a bee line for me, as she got close I side stepped to go around her but she was quick and pulled herself right into me and pressed against me, I tried to step back, but again she moved with me so I tried to push her away, at which time she grabbed for my crotch and was rewarded with a very hard shove from me and some not too nice words.
This whole senario couldn't have taken more than 3 to 4 seconds and I continued walking toward my car, after about 4 steps I realised my money was gone from my front pants pocket, I turned quickly to look for her, but it was like she vanished into thin air.
I did report the incident to the police, fat lot of good that did, I'm sure they were just hoping I would get out of there so they could go and get their cut of the loot.
For those of you visiting Boca Chica, be wary of a very petite girl, early to mid 20's, no more than about 5 feet tall, mulatto coloring and with rather large breasts for her body size.
I know, half you guys are going to say that sounds like your dream girl, but believe me in a matter of seconds she will become your nightmare girl.
All I'm trying to say, is be very careful, I've never considered myself an easy mark, but she dispelled that mith in a hurry.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Just goes to show

that it's not only newbie tourists who can fall victim. You really are talking about a skilled pickpocket when they can get the money from the front pocket, which is harder than the back, but obviously not foolproof. Next time I'm in BC I'll look out for her and see if the same thing happens when she is not "rebuffed".;) Excellent advice to carry no more cash than necessary.

I'll be arriving in the DR on 6/3 and hope to be in La Romana a few days later. I'll give you a call.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
buseouno said:
so I tried to push her away, at which time she grabbed for my crotch and was rewarded with a very hard shove from me and some not too nice words.

That is her technique. She grabs the crotch and wallet at same time, while your mind is on the crotch grab and not the wallet.

B0bbysc0tt

May 11, 2006
Get Crotch Grabs for a buck!!!

I'm headed out to BC next week thursday, I'm going to the 99 cent store and rack up on wallets. I'll stuff fake money in them and get the crotch grab for a buck... LOL:bunny:

fitnessguy

Jan 27, 2006
When in BC...

I wear cargo shorts with like 8 different pockets and most of the time I don't keep money in any of them. And when I do have money in my pockets I make sure it's the deepest one. The things we have to do to be safe. I guess the whole crotch grabbing thing may have been a distraction.

Cocoaness

Apr 17, 2006
B0bbysc0tt said:
I'm headed out to BC next week thursday, I'm going to the 99 cent store and rack up on wallets. I'll stuff fake money in them and get the crotch grab for a buck... LOL:bunny:

HAHAHAHAHA I'll meet you on the Ave tomorrow Bobby and we'll both rack up on pleather wallets!
:classic:

Sholly24

I'm an athiest loving Obama fan!
Mar 5, 2006
buseouno said:
First, let me say that I am not trying to be an alarmist or scare anyone away from having a great holiday in Boca Chica if that is your thing............I was walking across the little park to get to my car and saw this girl making a bee line for me, as she got close I side stepped to go around her but she was quick and pulled herself right into me and pressed against me, I tried to step back, but again she moved with me so I tried to push her away, at which time she grabbed for my crotch and was rewarded with a very hard shove from me and some not too nice words.
This whole senario couldn't have taken more than 3 to 4 seconds and I continued walking toward my car, after about 4 steps I realised my money was gone from my front pants pocket, I turned quickly to look for her, but it was like she vanished into thin air.........

That trick is one of the oldest pick-pocketing tricks in the world. Atimes, it is not done with the crotch grab, but the pickpocet just bumps into you and oops...there goes the wallet. Something very similar happened to a buddy of mine in Sosua but in his case, it was done by 2 chicas. The two of them met him and pretended like they were trying to patronize him and were playing with him while one of them reached out and grab the purse. He only figured it out when he got to the hotel

zak023

Done and dusted!
Feb 8, 2006
Buesouno

Don't feel bad I'm a Veteran of Boca Chica and the same thing happened tp me 2 years ago.Rub Crotch GO FOR POCKET..Now I keep the pesos folded tightyl in that little coin pocket in most jeans..A much less easier for even the best to pull off..Anything more than $1,000 pesoes I keep in my Sock and pull out $1,000 pesos at a time when needed never carrying more than 3,000 pesoes at a time on me..They would have to triple tag team me to get anything off me anymore...I don't associate with the STREET girls........Been there done that...Found out the hard way....All you newbees to Boca Chica READ THIS THREAD CAREFULLY.........

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
buy a money belt, leave your passport in the room safe and wear the key around your neck. The only thing you need is the business card of the hotel you are staying at and when you see the puta coming for you, put your hand in your pocket, that's all.

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
While your hands are in your pockets

Make sure you do not have a pair of sunglasses or prescription glasses on your face or top of your head because they will just take those and run for it. This happened to someone I know while they were in Sosua.

azabache

Apr 25, 2006
sweetdbt said:
that it's not only newbie tourists who can fall victim. You really are talking about a skilled pickpocket when they can get the money from the front pocket, which is harder than the back, but obviously not foolproof. Next time I'm in BC I'll look out for her and see if the same thing happens when she is not "rebuffed".;) Excellent advice to carry no more cash than necessary.

I'll be arriving in the DR on 6/3 and hope to be in La Romana a few days later. I'll give you a call.

For when it is necessary to carry cash in larger amounts.. I bought one of those belts that have a hidden zippered pocket. Should it become necessary to take cash from your belt just find a public washroom to have a little privacy. It is a good idea to not carry any type of handbag or shoulder bag. Thieves begin to salivate when they see these, and they can be grabbed from you by anyone passing by riding a motoconcho.:bandit:

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
How dumb can she be?

A couple of years ago taking a walk/jog on the BC beach at 7:30AM and I have the experience of the lady running out to me walking beside me feeling up the pocket routine--until I ask her "what could I have on me at this hour-no pockets-wide awake-taking a jog-etc?? Looks at me like I am a Martian. Go figure.

JOHN

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Desperation???

johne said:
A couple of years ago taking a walk/jog on the BC beach at 7:30AM and I have the experience of the lady running out to me walking beside me feeling up the pocket routine--until I ask her "what could I have on me at this hour-no pockets-wide awake-taking a jog-etc?? Looks at me like I am a Martian. Go figure.

JOHN

Perhaps??? It wasn't a good night for her the night before and she has a chulo to answer to when she gets back home.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
After getting my pocket picked in Venezuela 6 years ago I started wearing one of those money pouches that hangs around your neck. To get at it, the shirt must be unbuttoned.

canadian bob

Bronze
Jan 16, 2002
At the Puerto Plata "Pulga" (on Tuesdays) My wife found panties with a pocket in the front, some even had zippers! These pockets are big enough for daily money requirements. Now she never carries a handbag or a wallet! I use the bag around the neck inside my shirt. Canadian Bob

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004

Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers;
a peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked;
if Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers,
where's the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked?​

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Not just in Boca/C

A friend of mine was shopping in Supermacado Tropical (PTO.PTA) and a guy bumped into him................surprize his wallet was history.

I carry a wallet with Photo Copied Everything and don't carry more then a $1000.00 Pesos any time now! and I keep my cell phone deep in my front pocket.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
In Santo Domingo I had a girl approach me one night. I knew what I was in for and was not in a particularly good mood so I let her do her thing. From across the street she starts yelling, "HI, PAPI! TANTO TIEMPO QUE NO TE VEO!!!" As she hugged me I grabbed both her wrists and twisted them until she was on the floor screaming. She did this right in front of the hotel so the security guy and the receptionist both came running out when they heard the commotion.

She pretended to faint as she drew a crowd. I put my foot right on her face and pressed down hard while still holding onto her wrists. Guess what? She miraculously regained consciousness!!!

She made a big stink and told everyone that I was trying to rob and rape her but everyone just laughed it off.

The receptionist told her "Ten quidado con el que el es tigere!!!" And everyone had a good laugh. You guys need to stop playing nice with ANYONE coming a little too close to you and show them you're not scared.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
i NEVER travel around with my wallet!! i have a xerox'd copy of my licence and passport...and i keep my money in different pockets (larger bills in socks etc). But if i go out at night...i pretty much take just what i will need for the evening and keep everything else under lock & key. I dont wear jewelry, i dont wear a watch...just common sence stuff.

Pick Pocketers are not just indigineous to the DR or Boca Chica...i work in nyc and have had a few run ins here on the subway.

the idea is to not make yourself a target...and if you ARE somewhere like BC and in one of the seedy discos...well..i have no idea...i have gone into them but dont like them.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Jrzy:

I saw you with an RD500 bill hanging out of your Sassoons on Duarte in Ruta 66. Was that bait?