English Teacher looking for Summer employment

JorgeandColleen

May 18, 2006
Hola! I am a Canadian teacher looking to spend my summers teaching in the DR. Are there any opportunities for short term employment, how much is the salary, what qualifications are needed...where do I start??
I will be travelling with my husband and 10 year old daughter. We speak Spanish and have visited the DR many times but I have no idea where to begin when looking for employment there.
Any advice would be appreciated!
Thanks,
Colleen

JorgeandColleen

May 18, 2006
I have done a search and have come up with contacts for a number of schools in the DR, however I wonder if anyone has had experience with short term teaching or moving to the DR with a family.

C

expatsooner

Bronze
Aug 7, 2004
summer classes

There are some schools in the capital that run summer programs, your best bet would be to contact the schools directly and ask if they have openings for positions for the summer. The pay will not be enough to keep a family in comfort in the capital unless you have someone to stay with for free or at a reduced rate.

If you are looking to relocate your family full time to the DR or another country I would suggest you go to an ISS job fair. If hired there you receive foreign hire benefits which equals better pay and perks.

Good luck.