Any Dominicans in South Korea?

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
Hola everyone :)

Como estas?

Any Dominicans in South Korea?

I will be visiting Seoul from June 9th until the 16th. But I prefer to visit Santo Domingo and drink a whole bunch of Presidente's. LOL :bunny:

Here is an interesting article I found. It is an interview with the Ambassador of the Dominican Republic Mr. Hector Galvan.

105cmc1.jpg

http://theseoultimes.com/ST/?url=/ST/db/read.php?idx=1909

Buenes Noches.

P.S. I noticed that South Koreans do not need to purchase a tourist card when visiting the Dominican Republic.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
If you have time while you're there visit the DR's ambassador and ask him to work on importing kim chi to the DR. I can guarantee at least one customer! ;)

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Have you tried the Asian supermarkets and the Korean restaurants in SD, Celt?

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
I've shopped at the Asian markets east of Duarte, south of Mexico and the one on Bolivar (or is it Sarasota). In fact I'm running out of fish sauce and want to catch one of the markets when they have glutinous rice in stock. I haven't tried the Korean restaurants yet but they are definitely on my 'to do' list. :classic:

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Off Sarasota

Celt202 said:
I've shopped at the Asian markets east of Duarte, south of Mexico and the one on Bolivar (or is it Sarasota). In fact I'm running out of fish sauce and want to catch one of the markets when they have glutinous rice in stock. I haven't tried the Korean restaurants yet but they are definitely on my 'to do' list. :classic:

A must try, and the kimchi was good

Tony Cabrera

Sep 24, 2002
Celt202 said:
If you have time while you're there visit the DR's ambassador and ask him to work on importing kim chi to the DR. I can guarantee at least one customer! ;)

In have the whole island smell like sh*t

sorry, couln't resist, lol:laugh:

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
Celt202 said:

Chirimoya has already answered your question. ;)

Chirimoya said:
Have you tried the Asian supermarkets and the Korean restaurants in SD, Celt?

Good point. :)

Celt202 said:

I ?think? you can buy Kim Chee at a Korean restaurant. If you kindly ask them, they may sell some to you.

bienamor said:
A must try, and the kimchi was good

I?m glad you like it! :)

Tony Cabrera said:
In have the whole island smell like sh*t

sorry, couln't resist, lol:laugh:

You are an a**hole and a retard.

Too bad your parents did not teach you how to respect other countries.

Tony Cabrera

Sep 24, 2002
Potato_Salad said:
Chirimoya has already answered your question. ;)

Good point. :)

I ?think? you can buy Kim Chee at a Korean restaurant. If you kindly ask them, they may sell some to you.

I?m glad you like it! :)

You are an a**hole and a retard.

Too bad your parents did not teach you how to respect other countries.

Oh boy, i made a joke, and now i am an (what you said) retard too, and please, you don't know my parents, so leave them out of this convelsation, i sent you an email explaining it to you, and man chill out, put some mayo on you, will you..

Pd: In about respiting other countries, please, i had being out mine (DR) for almost 33 years, and i really do know how to respect other society...

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
Tony Cabrera said:
Oh boy, i made a joke, and now i am an (what you said) retard too, and please, you don't know my parents, so leave them out of this convelsation, i sent you an email explaining it to you, and man chill out, put some mayo on you, will you..

Pd: In about respiting other countries, please, i had being out mine (DR) for almost 33 years, and i really do know how to respect other society...

I got your PM.

Making fun of other countries does not sound like a joke to me.

If you claim that you know how to respect other societies, then instead of saying something stupid (which is why I called you a retard), just shut your mouth. That was not a joke.

Thank you and have a good day.

Tony Cabrera

Sep 24, 2002
Potato_Salad said:
I got your PM.

Making fun of other countries does not sound like a joke to me.

If you claim that you know how to respect other societies, then instead of saying something stupid (which is why I called you a retard), just shut your mouth. That was not a joke.

Thank you and have a good day.

Since, thats the way you are going to take it, fine.

You have a good dya too

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Potato_Salad

I think I unwittingly hijacked the thread and turned it into a Kim Chee discussion. Wasn't my intention but then again that may not be a bad thing. Kim Chee is one of those foods that I couldn't stand the first time I tried it but once I developed a taste for it it took me to a whole new appreciation of what different cultures can do with taste.

Trying to get back on thread, I wouldn't be surprised if there are some very enterprising Dominicans in South Korea. South Korea is a very energetic and dynamic country.

Celt

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
Celt202 said:
Potato_Salad

I think I unwittingly hijacked the thread and turned it into a Kim Chee discussion. Wasn't my intention but then again that may not be a bad thing. Kim Chee is one of those foods that I couldn't stand the first time I tried it but once I developed a taste for it it took me to a whole new appreciation of what different cultures can do with taste.

Trying to get back on thread, I wouldn't be surprised if there are some very enterprising Dominicans in South Korea. South Korea is a very energetic and dynamic country.

Celt

Hello Celt :)

You did not hijack the thread.

I have a Korean friend who lives in Santo Domingo. He told me that there is a Korean supermarket in that city. I will ask him where it is and let you know.

One Dominican I met in Korea was Julio Franco (current NY Mets baseball player).

Have a good day.