Property

jeniserodriguez24

May 20, 2006
I got a situation and if anyone reading this that could give some helpful advice please feel free to do so. My mother bought a house in Santo Domingo, DR and it was purchased in 1980's. Supposedly my name should show up somewhere for inheritence or owner if something where to happen to my mother, something did happen she was diagnosed with a serious mental illness and is no where to be found. The person who was left living at the property was paying rent to someone whose name I dont know, she assumes that the house is hers. She never bought it, she has been living there rent free for over a decade and now I am of age where I can pursue the house and try to unravel what my mother can not attend to. However, This summer I plan to find a top notch attorney in Santo Domingo and find the title at the town hall. If any one has any information about title searches in Santo Domingo, DR. or what the law is for a situation like mine; HELP:)

Jenise Rodriguez

Apr 30, 2006
www.drlawyer.com
In order to find the title you would have to first know the No. of the "Certificado de Titulo" and its location or at least the parcel No. and the location, and start from there, since the DR land system ( based on the Torrens system) organizes land by their certificate of title No., Parcel and Cadastral District, not by the name(s) of the owners.

The only way to evict this tenant without having to go through a 5+ process is by claiming he hasn't been paying rent.

You name does not automatically "show" in the title of the house if it didn't appear as a co-owner after it was bought.