Shipping a Computer to the DR

H

Hi

Hi,

Maybe someone here can assist me with some questions... I need to ship a computer + monitor, aprox. value $2,000 US to Santo Domingo. I have to ship it from America.

I am wondering several things.

Who to ship it with, UPS, FEDEX, or other?

Approximate cost from NYC?

How long will shipping take?

When it is shipped where will I pick it up, at the airport or at a FEDEX or other office?

Import taxes on computers, I read in the archives 3%, this seems low is this true?

Paperwork to be completed, I realize that I need to bring along the receipt for the system so that Dominican customs can charge me, but is there other paperwork that they will need that I am unaware of?

Any other advice is greatly appreciated!!

Thank you!

Shane

W

William Leslie

I used DHL and they shipped from Texas (Computer, large monitor etc) direct to my door on the north coast. They did the paperwork and advised when the computer was in customs,how much the duty was, paid it on my behalf and collected it from me when the system arrived at my door. I thought I heard the duty was reduced to 1 or 1.5% tax.

H

Hi

Thank you Williamleslie,

What cost was the shipping itself using DHL, and how long did it take to receive the computer? Thank you so much for your response!

Hi

W

William Leslie

Hi Hi, It was $225.00 and it took about 15 days as near as I can remember from leaving USA to arrival at my door. That was 1 1/2 years ago. I was pleased with the service and condition everything arrived in.

H

Hi

Williamleslie,

Thank you very much for the advice. I will look into this then! Have a great day..