Stuff to do in Puerto Plata

D

Dave

Hello,

I will be in P. Plata from 22nd dec until and 5th Jan and I would be very grateful for any ideas on the best things to do, places to visit and eat etc.

Thanks very much.

Dave

L

louise

If you're interested in a bit of adventure then consider spending a couple of days in the mountains near Jarabacoa. It's about 2 hours drive from PP. It's absolutely stunningly beautiful and it's the 'real' DR. Aim for Rancho Baiguate where you can have fun river rafting, canyoning, mountainbiking (just downhill if you prefer) etc. They have rooms so you can stay the night if you want. Check them out on: www.dominicana.com/baiguate If you want to know more drop me an e-mail and I'll send you an article about the two weeks I spend there this summer.

P

Phyllis

There are many things in the PP area. If you are staying on the Playa Dorada Complex, at the beach there is sailing, parasailing (this I did and was alot of fun), banana boat rides, snorkelling, scuba diving! Some things are included and some are more money. There are alot of tours you can take too, I suggest you take the tour of Puerto Plata/ Rum Factory/Amber Muesum, and Sosua beach. This is really educational and fun to see outside of the resort. Visit Central Park, it's beautiful and has great ice cream just across the way. Visit the local market (El Mercado) for really nice handmade crafts and fruit at a good price.

Excellent lunch or supper at Caf? Cito, San Felipe No. 29 586-7923. Sofy's B&B for an excellent breakfast.

The nightlife and discos are alot of fun, learn the merengue dance!

D

deborah K

In POP check out Labarica, an all hours merengue bar, and also El Boite (????) wrong spelling sorry. My friend and I are there from dec 26 until Jan 9/00 let me know if you want some company into POP.

have a great time

C

Carolyn

See the Amber Museum, the Fort stop at Sam's Bar & Grill for great food--any meal reasonably priced. In my opinion, the best breakfast in town. Entertainment Sunday evenings 6-9. Meet a lot of locals almost any time of the day.