Inexpensive Excursions?

MotorCity Mike

Apr 9, 2004
Any inexpensive tour operators in the Bavaro area?

I'll be there the end of June for a week and am interested in going on a couple of day trips with my family; Saona, 4-Wheeling, etc....

Any suggestions?

MCM

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
MotorCity Mike said:
Any inexpensive tour operators in the Bavaro area?

I'll be there the end of June for a week and am interested in going on a couple of day trips with my family; Saona, 4-Wheeling, etc....

Any suggestions?

MCM

In which hotel are you staying?

MotorCity Mike

Apr 9, 2004
Hlywud said:
None are cheap Mike, but buy from a reputable agent at a resort, off resort purchases are hard to track when they do not come through.

Too bad Punta Cana/Bavaro doesn't have the equivalent of a "Mel's Tours" in Sosua. They seem reputable and are much less expensive than the resort prices.

MCM

pm PJT the weather guy for Bavaro and maybe he knows of a decent tour like Mel's. He is a resident of the area and should know a reputable one if they exist in Bavaro.
Saona is a grerat day trip but it is long, Bavaro Runners is a decent day trip as well.
Take a walk next door and have a peak at the Majestic while you are down there.

cris

Nov 29, 2003
HORSEBACKRIDING ON THE BEACH?

If you want to have a wounderfull tour along the beach o horse?.................
Please contact EL Pat Ranch at 809 4767777 ext 4566 .... Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
on couple you'll love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Amazing
Chris

MotorCity Mike

Apr 9, 2004
cris said:
HORSEBACKRIDING ON THE BEACH?

If you want to have a wounderfull tour along the beach o horse?.................
Please contact EL Pat Ranch at 809 4767777 ext 4566 .... Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
on couple you'll love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Amazing
Chris

Hi Chris,

Is the El Pat Ranch associated with a hotel or is it independent? What was the cost to ride?

MCM

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
beside a overcrowded beach on lovely saona island i would recommend the Fun Buggy tour and the Eco tour to Punta El Rey, they are more familiar and as the opposite to most excursions they don't put their main goal on filling up customers with cuba libre to make them happy and stop every couple of miles at a new gift shop for sales. an other good spot to check out is RH-Tours, a small excursions operator run by a german couple Klaus and Silke, all of them run their tours with english spoken guides.
you may catch info on their websites too, on www.puntaelrey.com and www.fun-buggy.com .
have fun on our great island
Mike

Last edited:

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
yes, there's a nice 920meters track, at the moment operated by two helicopter pilots, Edwin and Anthony, two dominican brothers, they crew up in the US, so english is no problem.
their number is 809-707-5164
have fun
Mike

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
MikeFisher said:
yes, there's a nice 920meters track, at the moment operated by two helicopter pilots, Edwin and Anthony, two dominican brothers, they crew up in the US, so english is no problem.
their number is 809-707-5164
have fun
Mike

They're on the road from Veron to Bavaro, right at the entrance of the road towards Cabeza de Toro. Looks pretty good but so far I haven't seen anyone using the track...

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
MotorCity Mike said:
hmmmmm.....just called & there was no answer. The recording sounded like a residential #.

That's the number my excursions office gave me too...

Have a nice vacation!!!!

surfwatcher2006

Apr 19, 2006
Fishing in DR-Punta Cana, Santo Domingo, Puerto Plata

Looking to do some fishing in Punta Cana, Santo Domingo, and Puerta Plata.
I am not looking for the $500+ charters... Just a few day trips like a party boat or just a local guy that will take me on a small boat and catch some 10-20pd fish...not like Marlin..haha I just want to see what is like to fish in DR...

Thanks

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
hi surfwatcher,
no offence my friend, but if you look for a cheap boat ride you can catch up with the boys right on the beach in the whole puerto plata or boca chica/santo domingo are right when you are there, there are small speed boats for rent everywhere.
if you want to rent a boat on the east coast, you mentioned punta cana as a area, you should do that only if you want to go for big game fishing, during summer time we only target Billfish like your mentioned Marlin, of course we get dorados wahoo bonitos aso all over the year here, but not in the quantity to target them on daily bases during summer season, that's the time we are one of the worlds first class spots for the big ones, and of course a reliable charter on that would be a 500+ for a half day.
enjoy our beautiful island
Mike