Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Taxi Rates from POP Airport

apostropheman

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    It's always easier to negotiate the return trip, than right at the airport.
    true. in april the posted/sheet rate was 1900. i also paid that late january although with the ever increasing price of gas it doesn't surprise me the rate has increased. as long as it's not a complete surprise it's cool as long as it's fair.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Are there taxis big enough to hold four people AND all their luggage that will take you from STI to Puerto Plata/Cofresi area?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

The airport taxi rates posted are for 4 or less passengers. It may be a tight fit for 4 people with a lot of luggage in a standard car. Some of the taxis are vans which are permitted to charge an additional 50% for more than 4 passengers. Many times the vans will transport 4 or less passengers for the standard rate. Just be sure to confirm the rate before you get into the vehicle.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy
    Is it possible to just take a photo of the sign(s) and then post them.
    Here's some pics of the signs. Sorry, some of the pics are fuzzy, (like the photographer).

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

if you live in costambar and use their taxi service you can give them $25.00 and they will assume you live there and know them and they will take it. tip not included.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Rocio and JJ

Thought I would post this here also.
    There is no way to express how helpful Rocio and JJ are. Together they completely care for you. Hillbilly arranged for my wife and me to have JJ for a week in June. He began as a driver and he and Rocio are now friends. JJ knows about everything and his english is almost perfect (Rocio's is perfect). He showed us parts of the DR that we would never have found if we had rented a car. JJ is probably one of a very few Dominican taxi drivers who does not drink at all. He is reasonably priced (very comparable to renting a car with insurance) and has a large van that is perfectly maintained. You are completely safe and comfortable at all times

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

If, at a future time, you know whether it is the same JJ you are welcome to restate your comments; until then your comments are unwarrented as you have no idea to whom you are addressing them.

Gregg
    Mod.
    Last edited by FireGuy; 09-07-2006 at 08:15 AM.

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
    Post Thanks / Like

I can vouch for JJ as a decent pleasant man.
    He and his wife have joined us for meals and they are both enjoyable people.
    He has brought many clients here from STI airport and everybody was pleased.
    Never once a bad remark.

Edited by Gregg. As posted it lost it's meaning as a prior posting has been removed. If the poster objects to what remains please contact me and I will amend or delete.

Gregg
    Mod.
    Last edited by FireGuy; 09-07-2006 at 08:13 AM.

Rest in peace Amigo!
    Post Thanks / Like

I have recommended JJ to numerous tourists and have ONLY had positive comments about every facet of the experience - and I only began recommending him after using his services personally as I flew into STI last October.

They support us at Beyond the Beach too and they approached us - we did not approach them; how good does it get.

Gregg

batich

Amazing!

From POP airport to Sosua trip is 7 minutes only. 20 dollars means $3 per minute. More expensive than in Manhattan.

Just amazing.

Anyway, I always give to driver 350 pesos without asking questions and he seems to be happy.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast