houses for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

cruzan

May 3, 2006
when I look at real estate for sale, there seems to be only the north coast---Sosua-Caberete- area. Why do I not see anything for the Punta Cana area??? Are there no houses[villas] for sale in that area??? Does everyone want to sell and leave the north coast???

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
cruzan said:
when I look at real estate for sale, Why do I not see anything for the Punta Cana area???
Because nobody in his right mind wants to live there.
Check out real estate for NYC, and you will find more ads than for Bahgdad, because more people want to live there.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
He he he

Rocky said:
Because nobody in his right mind wants to live there.
Check out real estate for NYC, and you will find more ads than for Bahgdad, because more people want to live there.

Rocky-- if you worked in my real estate office you would make millions! But your comparison is a bit bias-no?

JOHN--spokenlikeatruepromoter.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
johne said:
Rocky-- if you worked in my real estate office you would make millions! But your comparison is a bit bias-no?

JOHN--spokenlikeatruepromoter.
My comparison sucked.
I've got one of those Dominican gripes, and my IQ is down below room temperature.
I was being a bit sarcastic, of course.
The OP's conclusions showed a certain lack of understanding, of business, in general.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
cruzan said:
when I look at real estate for sale, there seems to be only the north coast---Sosua-Caberete- area. Why do I not see anything for the Punta Cana area??? Are there no houses[villas] for sale in that area??? Does everyone want to sell and leave the north coast???

Where are you looking?

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
4 Sale

cruzan said:
... Are there no houses[villas] for sale in that area??? Does everyone want to sell and leave the north coast???

Wherever there are a good number of expats living sooner or later the "se vende" signs come up. Reason: various (expectations wrong, wife fell for a sankie, struck by crime, work not as easy as thought, found out that Panama or Paraguay ... etc.).

Thus detached villas and gated community houses are more found in Sos?a / Cabarete, Boca Chica and Las terrenas than elsewhere.
But: The whole country is for sale, lots and fincas that is.
Mine not yet, but maybe soon....

cruzan

May 3, 2006
the reason for the questionwas i have never been to the pc area and wondered what i was missing and why. exactly what is a "flaming puppeter"? don't have to worry about my wife falling for a sankie,or work[yet] and it semms like the crime reate in the Sosua area is becoming a problem[reading the last couple of days posts]...there must be something that draws people to the pc area...thanks for the insight

PlantaFULL

Oct 21, 2004
I maybe wrong but my impression is that around the Punta Cana area there is lots of developments, the difference (to Sosua/C) seems to be that at this point they are all big community projects. Not much of a realestate agent or "sell by owner" market so far, all I've seen was from the builders directly.

http://www.palmarealvillas.com
http://www.capcana.com

There are others I don't recall.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
when I look at real estate for sale, there seems to be only the north coast---Sosua-Cabarete- area. Why do I not see anything for the Punta Cana area??? Are there no houses[villas] for sale in that area??? Does everyone want to sell and leave the north coast???

If you are talking about DR1, in my experience most of the posters don't live in PC so they promote their "dieing areas".. PC is the only place to live for investment/Growth/Tourism advertising dollars/ 97% of the All inclusive hotels/ better re-sell value down the road/the most heavily advertised tourist destination for the DR. If you are going to buy Real-Estate in the DR buy in PC Period.. ;)

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
If you are talking about DR1, in my experience most of the posters don't live in PC so they promote their "dieing areas".. PC is the only place to live for investment/Growth/Tourism advertising dollars/ 97% of the All inclusive hotels/ better re-sell value down the road/the most heavily advertised tourist destination for the DR. If you are going to buy Real-Estate in the DR buy in PC Period.. ;)

oops! Didn't look at the date and realize I got "suckered" into a "extinct" thread... bad newbie!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.