Is it safe ?

NewHere

May 22, 2006
How would one check out condo deals here?
You put down a large deposit for a condo that will be
actually built in the future.
How to check out the engineer and the construction
company etc. ?

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
You don't. That's why you use a superb lawyer so that in case anything goes run you and your money are safe.

There is no way of finding out if a construction company/engineer is legit.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Buyer beware !

There is no guarantee, which is why you always get a better deal, pre-construction.
Of course, the risks are greater.
You can name the vendor, location and any other details, to see if any DR1 members have inside info to help you make your decision.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
I'm sorry, but it is such a typical 'Domincan' site ... everything jumps around so much that you do not know what you are in for....

NewHere, I hope someone more educated on this company than I could give you some input.

D

DRbuyer

I bought a condo from them, located at the Colonial Zone. No title problem and delivered on-time. If you are still looking, i recommend.

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
if you look around a little more you will find lots of finished condos in SD,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,why wait?.................and better neighborhoods to boot........

globalmike295

On Vacation
Jul 11, 2006
if you look around a little more you will find lots of finished condos in SD,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,why wait?.................and better neighborhoods to boot........

I would never buy a pre construction project outside of the U.S. and in todays soft housing market, with rising interests rates, and rising foreclosures
only a fool would rush in.

Attorneys can check a title, but solvency issues of any contractor are not available for public scrutiny.

Govern yourself accordingly

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I bought a condo from them, located at the Colonial Zone. No title problem and delivered on-time. If you are still looking, i recommend.
As you are a new poster, I think you need to introduce yourself and tell us how you happened upon this thread, if you expect anyone to put any value to your recommendation..

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Pre construction

I wouldn't touch it with a 10-foot pole in ANY country.
Nobody is gonna use my money but me. ................
Granted there may be some deals, but deals abound if you look around.
You're buying an intangible item and someone else's vision. One opinion.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Seconded opinion. I wouldn't buy pre-construction anywhere either. Saddest DR case was a group of Dominicans living in US who saved their dollars & bought in to a pre-construction scheme with a Dominican builder so that they could one day retire to their homeland. Builder owed money not on this project but on a different one, bank foreclosed taking the Dominicans retirement dreams with it. I think it might have been Popular but I'm not certain. So although the retirement homes scheme was sound, apparently, the builder wasn't and the US Dominicans money went to pay off a different debt builder had with bank.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Seconded opinion. I wouldn't buy pre-construction anywhere either. Saddest DR case was a group of Dominicans living in US who saved their dollars & bought in to a pre-construction scheme with a Dominican builder so that they could one day retire to their homeland. Builder owed money not on this project but on a different one, bank foreclosed taking the Dominicans retirement dreams with it. I think it might have been Popular but I'm not certain. So although the retirement homes scheme was sound, apparently, the builder wasn't and the US Dominicans money went to pay off a different debt builder had with bank.
In other words...
Don't buy dreams !