location aguaceros restaurant

Status
Not open for further replies.

caro

Sep 24, 2003
hi everybody ,

I want to know where is located the aguaceros restaurant in puerto plata. I know is on the malecon but near which street ?

and a other question : this area is safe to live for a single women because I could rent a appartment near the aguaceros restaurant on the malecon ?

thank for your help.

Last edited:

caro

Sep 24, 2003
thank you howmar for your reply.

no problem if you don t know the street name because with your answer I know exactly where is it and propably with the name of the street i will not know it .

no is not my first time in puerto plata .I travel there since 2003 and I go like every 3 or 4 month for a week or 2 and i have living there 3 month in 2004.

my spanish is like my english maybe a little bit less . my first language is french.

I have a other question : for a 2 week renting for a 1 bedroom appartment furnished the person ask me 9800 pesos .is this a good price or not for this area ? last time i have renting a appartment was in 2004 for my 3 month stay and I pay 10 000 pesos/month but not in this area. I know is always cheaper for a long stay and I know too that price have go up since 2004.

thank again

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
caro said:
thank you howmar for your reply.

no problem if you don t know the street name because with your answer I know exactly where is it and propably with the name of the street i will not know it .

no is not my first time in puerto plata .I travel there since 2003 and I go like every 3 or 4 month for a week or 2 and i have living there 3 month in 2004.

my spanish is like my english maybe a little bit less . my first language is french.

I have a other question : for a 2 week renting for a 1 bedroom appartment furnished the person ask me 9800 pesos .is this a good price or not for this area ? last time i have renting a appartment was in 2004 for my 3 month stay and I pay 10 000 pesos/month but not in this area. I know is always cheaper for a long stay and I know too that price have go up since 2004.

thank again
Without seeing the apartment it is hard to give a definite answer, but, most of the buildings in that area are showing their age and lack of maintenance. They are probably quoting you a price 2-3 times what a local would pay. Remember, in this area you will be living amongst the locals, there are no expats in this area. You should be paying local rates.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
About $150USD/week. I would say that is not a great rate, but not terrible for a furnished apartment short-term rental. A possible alternative would be the Puerto Plata Beach Resort just up the Malicon, where I believe for a 2 week stay you could negotiate a discount rate which would not be much more, and you would have security, maid service and the use of their pool, which is nice, and probably the largest of any non-AI in the area. These are suites with a living room area, kitchenette and bedroom with 2 double beds. The place is a little worse for the wear but not too bad.

Last edited:

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
Somewhat off the topic (but you -- plural -- seem to be knowledgeable about PP, the town) what became of Hotel Montemar on the East side by Playa Long Beach? I stayed there in 1988 (or thereabouts) but I haven't heard any more about it, a search doesn't seem to turn it up, and I wonder if it's changed its name or has just decayed. It was quite a nice place 18 years ago.

canadian bob

Bronze
Jan 16, 2002
I was closed some time ago.. but is still used for training waiters etc as far as I know. Canadian Bob.

holacanada

Sep 8, 2004
Is there any school/academy for tourism in POP?

Hol? Canadian BOB, you wrote:
...... but is still used for training waiters etc.....

My question is :

Did they have a training h?tel/complex for persons who want to work in h?tels or A1 ?

Can I visit this place..? ? Thanks in advance

Holacanada from Quebec city
POP in 23 days, 4 hours, 5 minutes and 46 seconds

wayne

Dec 25, 2003
Me_again said:
Somewhat off the topic (but you -- plural -- seem to be knowledgeable about PP, the town) what became of Hotel Montemar on the East side by Playa Long Beach? I stayed there in 1988 (or thereabouts) but I haven't heard any more about it, a search doesn't seem to turn it up, and I wonder if it's changed its name or has just decayed. It was quite a nice place 18 years ago.
We also stayed there in 1988, our first trip to the DR and also the year myself and my wife first started dating. The place was a dump back then but was one of the best holidays we ever had. I think it was also a training hotel then as well. I remember this waiter who was in training, he was serving us a dish that had to be lit on fire with some rum and I guess he put a little to much on as he almost caught the place on fire. I also remember this great little restaurant up the street from the hotel, it was called Walters. Great memories for us.

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
Yes a training hotel -- I'd forgotten. I don't remember it as a dump though. Lots of local restaurants in Long Beach then including the original Jardin Suizo. My first ride on a motoconcho.

caro

Sep 24, 2003
HOWMAR said:
They are probably quoting you a price 2-3 times what a local would pay. Remember, in this area you will be living amongst the locals, there are no expats in this area. You should be paying local rates.

I only want to thank howmar because with that advice I asked one of my dominican friend and he be able to have a better rate for me . don t know if its a local price or still a gringo one but I will have the appartment for 7000 pesos for 2 week instead of 9800.

I give you a review when I come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.