bad attorney....,is there no real help ?

ichinobond

Aug 16, 2005
I am a Dominican living in the U.S. but my parents live in D.R. . more than a year ago they retained, and paid a lawyer to incorporate their church . Well
the man has not called, mailed, nor sent message of any progress,delay,or anything . My parents are seniors 86 and 80 , the 10,000.00 pesos they paid
this man was not easy to come by and would be well used if they were able to get their money back or at least the service and product they paid for ...,
or at least some kind of justice . Please reply, and I would be very greatful for any input . Thank you very much and have a great day .

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Dominican Lawyers RARELY call back - it is their culture here!! YOU have to do the chasing.

Where is this lawyer situated? Has he an e-mail address or webpage? What did he(she) promise with regard to when the incorporation would be completed? Is he (she) waiting for your parents to go sign the documentation maybe??

YOU need to do some checking first to see how far things have got - there might be a very simple response/answer from the lawyer!! ~ Grahame.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
ichinobond said:
I am a Dominican living in the U.S. but my parents live in D.R. . more than a year ago they retained, and paid a lawyer to incorporate their church . Well
the man has not called, mailed, nor sent message of any progress,delay,or anything . My parents are seniors 86 and 80 , the 10,000.00 pesos they paid
this man was not easy to come by and would be well used if they were able to get their money back or at least the service and product they paid for ...,
or at least some kind of justice . Please reply, and I would be very greatful for any input . Thank you very much and have a great day .

Given your parents age, I would recommend that you come if at all possible to investigate what the lawyer has done. If you can't come yourself, is there somebody that could represent you.

It may be, as Bush Baby indicates, that there is a simple answer. But there is also a very good chance that the simple answer is "nothing". In the Dominican Republic, you must be very careful in choosing a lawyer to represent you. And if that lawyer wants all his money uip front, then you must be even more careful. A lot of money gets paid to lawyers by people who get nothing in return. Including a couple of my friends who paid lawyers in advance to get them their residency but got nothing for their money.

You have reason to be concerned, but you are not going to get answers on this message board. Only advice. You will be a great help to your parents if you come down asap and take charge of getting to the bottom of this matter.

ichinobond

Aug 16, 2005
I thank you very much for your response. I greatly appreciate your feedback. Take care.

Gracias.