Application time

KIMMYGIRL

Dec 9, 2005
Application time question

My husband and I have started the immigration process (Canada). I check online the status of our application every couple of days. Toronto approved me on April 5, 2006 and then sent it to Haiti. Today the status changed to
'in process' and it said that they began reviewing the file May 15, 2006.

He has already completed the medical and my question is if anyone knows approx how long it might still be??

Thanks, KIM

Last edited:

Shelley

Oct 16, 2004
4-6 months if all ok

From the ones that I know of, once Haiti starts processing, it takes roughly 4-6 months to receive the visa. This is providing that the application is complete and they do not require any additional information or an interview.

Don't count on the online status to keep you very informed. Give Haiti a call in about 4 months if you haven't heard anything by then.

baileyboy

Jun 27, 2004
Don't count on the online status to keep you very informed. Give Haiti a call in about 4 months if you haven't heard anything by then.[/QUOTE]

My husband called the Haiti Immigration office, to update his address, as he has moved since his papers were sent in to the Cdn Immigration. They are now done in Haiti. However no one answered the phone numbe, when he called. Do you have a phone # for them? The number I got was off the internet website for Cdn COnsulate in Haiti.
Thanks
Lisa

KIMMYGIRL

Dec 9, 2005
Thanks for the info. The faster the better.

Lisa, I saw a couple of numbers when i searched "canadian embassy in haiti", under "contact us".

baileyboy

Jun 27, 2004
KIMMYGIRL said:
Thanks for the info. The faster the better.

Lisa, I saw a couple of numbers when i searched "canadian embassy in haiti", under "contact us".

Those are the numbers I gave to my husband and he tried, no answer. So he decided to wait, and call back b/c he thought maybe they were eating?! And he tried back a couple hours later, and still no answer, it just rang and rang, no answering service either.

So I was asking Shelly if she had any differnt phone numbers, other then those on the website.

Thanks anyways
Lisa

cbello

Nov 19, 2004
Calling haiti

I've been calling those numbers for 2 weeks/every day and same messages "the number you are calling has been disconnected" therefore decided to send them a brief e-mail and no response other then the
"Acknowledgement" saying
"Thank you for your message, which will be forwarded to the appropriate
division at Headquarters or Missions abroad. "

I am not sure what to do at this point. :cross-eye

baileyboy

Jun 27, 2004
cbello said:
I've been calling those numbers for 2 weeks/every day and same messages "the number you are calling has been disconnected" therefore decided to send them a brief e-mail and no response other then the
"Acknowledgement" saying
"Thank you for your message, which will be forwarded to the appropriate
division at Headquarters or Missions abroad. "

I am not sure what to do at this point. :cross-eye

I got the same mesg....and therefore sent an email.....got the same automatic repsonse....
But the website, said it can take anywhere up to 28 days for them to respond ( a person to actually answer your email )
So basically there is nothing to do...but wait!
So come join us in the waiting game, there are many of us, that are in the same boat..... Hang in there, we can make it!
lisa

kacheena

Dec 14, 2004
It took about 5 to 6 months for my husband's papers to be done. We didn't call or anything we just waited. Then he got a letter saying he had an interview. After that they asked for his passport and later in the week they told him that he had his visa.

baileyboy

Jun 27, 2004
My application was approved in 43 days in Cda. Then sent down to Haiti, and it is now accepted and is in processing since June 7th....time is a-ticking....anywhere from 5-14 months as per the application processing times, from the Cda Immigration website.

Lisa