Directions please Samana to Cabarete

art27207

Mar 18, 2006
Could someone help me out with best route from Samana to Cabarete!! Thanks and about how long a ride?

G

gary short

Hwy 5 all the way maybe 5 hours. Pay attention in Nagua otherwise you'll end up in...........well......forget about it..........

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
The ole round a bout

gary short said:
Hwy 5 all the way maybe 5 hours. Pay attention in Nagua otherwise you'll end up in...........well......forget about it..........

Gary Short is right here. You will end up on your way to San Fransico, Tanares, Salcedo and beyond. There is a sort of round a bout intersection in Nagua. Stop there and ask which way it is to Puerto Plata, they will simply point you in the right direction. Travel during the daytime for sure, the roads are dangerous (potholes) at night.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
If you can't see the ocean on your right, you know you've turned the wrong way.

HB:D:D

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Try to pick up a map at a large pharmacy or supermarket on the way.

Your points will be Samana, Sanchez, La Majagua, Nagua, Cabrera, Abreu, Playa Grande, Rio San Juan, Gaspar Hernandez, Sabaneta de Yasica, Cabarete.

There are some sort of signs for these places. Best is to go asking as you get to each town so you make sure you are on track. As pointed out, you want to make sure you take the right direction leaving Nagua so you head north and not west (that would take you to San Francisco de Macoris). When you get to Nagua, ask for directions to go to Puerto Plata and people will head you in the right direction. For most of the trip, as Hillbilly points out, you will be seeing coastline.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Once you get out of Nagua going towards Cabarete just follow the road to Cabarete. No more turns of any kind.

When you get to Nagua you will come to a park, there you make a right and another right going west. Like the other posters said, ask for directions. I would suggest asking directions to Rio San Juan, as that way will take you to Cabarete. Some people may not know directions to Cabarete, but everyone knows Rio San Juan.

One KM before Rio San Juan you can stop at Playa Caleton, the best beach on the North Coast. Maybe stop for lunch, you will not be disappointed.

moviemouth

Jul 12, 2005
SKY said:
One KM before Rio San Juan you can stop at Playa Caleton, the best beach on the North Coast. Maybe stop for lunch, you will not be disappointed.

Is there any landmark by which to identify the side road down to Play Caleton from Rt. 5?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
There is a small bar, restaurant that is closed on the right. That is where the road is. Also, looking the other way at this point is a large Brugal sign and a small sign saying Playa Caleton.

If you reach the stop light at Rio S.Juan turn around and look for the Brugal sign, you can?t miss it coming from Rio .S.Juan.

When you go there ask for Tony, he speaks English and will set you up with a table on the beach in the shade for lunch.

moviemouth

Jul 12, 2005
Sorry for the late response - been offline for a couple. Thanks for the info, Skye, but I'm a little confused on your orientation: I will be approaching from Cabarete so the closed bar will be on my left and the Brugal sign on my right? Do I have it backwards?

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
Dolores said:
Try to pick up a map at a large pharmacy or supermarket on the way.

Your points will be Samana, Sanchez, La Majagua, Nagua, Cabrera, Abreu, Playa Grande, Rio San Juan, Gaspar Hernandez, Sabaneta de Yasica, Cabarete.

There are some sort of signs for these places. Best is to go asking as you get to each town so you make sure you are on track. As pointed out, you want to make sure you take the right direction leaving Nagua so you head north and not west (that would take you to San Francisco de Macoris). When you get to Nagua, ask for directions to go to Puerto Plata and people will head you in the right direction. For most of the trip, as Hillbilly points out, you will be seeing coastline.

Great directions. If I remember correctly, you will enter Nagua over a short dam, then head straight into the town and come to a small park with a trafficlight. Above the road there will be sign directing you to Puerto Plata and Rio San Juan on the right hand side. The other side (which is straight) directs you to San Francisco de Marcoris). Also in my knowledge this is the only difficult point in the route.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
moviemouth said:
Sorry for the late response - been offline for a couple. Thanks for the info, Skye, but I'm a little confused on your orientation: I will be approaching from Cabarete so the closed bar will be on my left and the Brugal sign on my right? Do I have it backwards?

That is correct.