Waterview Restaurants on the Malecon

BPL888

Sep 7, 2004
Can anyone recomend any reasonably priced resaurants with a view of the water on the Malecon? I probably would prefer dining inside with a/c if possible as the temperature in late afternoon has been pretty oppressive. I will be in the capital for four days in June and hope to try a few new dining experiences. Thanks

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Adrian Tropical is probably your best bet on the Malecon if you want a view of the water when dining and want a/c.

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
yes, Adrian Tropical, and for the waterside view maybe D'Luis as well, but I don't think they have inside dining.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Restaurant Jardin Suizo on the Malecon across from the water is excellent. They have been opened for many years and in my opinion have the best food on the Malecon, if not Puerta Plata.

For lunch they have 4 or 5 specials with soup or salad for 200RD. The chicken soup is tremendous.

If you need directions the number is 586-9564. Ask for Danny, he speaks four languages, including English. He is the owner?s son.

BPL888

Sep 7, 2004
Malecon in Santo Domingo

I'm looking for information about the Malecon in Santo Domingo. I didn't say it in the post because the question was posted in the Santo Domingo travel forum. Sorry for the confusion and thanks for the replies. Aproximate location or address would also be helpful. Thanks again, Brian

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Not Puerto Plata

BPL888 said:
Can anyone recomend any reasonably priced resaurants with a view of the water on the Malecon? I probably would prefer dining inside with a/c if possible as the temperature in late afternoon has been pretty oppressive. I will be in the capital for four days in June and hope to try a few new dining experiences. Thanks

But this brings up an interesting question. How many malecons are there in the DR? I know of:

Santo Domingo
San Pedro
Puerto Plata
Samana
Barahona

Any others?

BPL888

Sep 7, 2004
View at Vesuvio ?

What about Vesuvio? Does it have a view of the water? I read a review on the web that mentioned " a great view and great peple watching" but the review was translated from German and not very enlightening.

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
BPL888 said:
What about Vesuvio? Does it have a view of the water? I read a review on the web that mentioned " a great view and great peple watching" but the review was translated from German and not very enlightening.

Vesuvio serves fairly ok Italian food. The have an open deck on the second floor (American floors!), overlooking the Malecon and with a view of the water. This is an open area, without A/C.

Sometimes they have live bands, usually on Friday and Saterday nights.

Personally, I like it because it has less traffic sounds than the first floor.

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
BPL888 said:

"D'Luis Parrillada" has a nice view of the ocean.

Vesuvio does not have an ocean view.

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
Potato_Salad said:
"D'Luis Parrillada" has a nice view of the ocean.

Vesuvio does not have an ocean view.

Well, it overlooks its side of the Malecon and out over the area on the other side of it.. a little further you can see the ocean, at least that's what i saw..