A Planned Secrets Resort within Cap Cana

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
A friend told me Secrets is planning to build a resort in Cap Cana.

..does anyone have any info on this? ..is it true?

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
here is what I got from google

Eyeing Bayahibe AMResorts is also considering constructing a resort in the Dominican Republic's Bayahibe area. "Plans are underway and everything is ready to go," says Zozaya-Gorostiza. "We are waiting for the results of an ecological impact study. It's our position that we will not invest if the destination is not open to development."

[...] in the new resort area of Cap Cana, two Dreams Resorts & Spas will start construction in winter 2006-07. A 402-suites Secrets Resorts & Spa starts construction in Cap Cana in winter 2007-08.

http://www.travelagentcentral.com/travelagentcentral/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=167644&pageID=2

AIs within Cap Cana, (all current Secrets REsorts are AIs), isn't that like cheapining it?

Last edited:

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
As I said to you in a PM (I didn't know you had posted also):

"The Secrets name will disappear from Secrets Excellence at the end of this year. The Excellence Group (who are the present owners of Secrets Excellence Punta Cana in Uvero Alto and Secrets Excellence Riviera Cancun in the Yucatan, MX; which will revert to Excellence at the end of Sept/06) will take over property management from AMResorts who own the Secrets name.

The Excellence website will be www.excellence-resorts.com and they will be adding another Mexican and a Jamaican resort within the next two years.

AM Resorts www.amresorts.com , owners and/or operators of Secrets, Dreams and Sunscape resorts will build their own properties. A new Secrets Excellence is being built in Punta Cana...10-15 minutes South of the airport. Ground breaking was scheduled for last month with the grand opening in late 2007 or early 2008. A new Secrets in the Mayan Riviera and another in Jamaica are also planned."

This was current a month or so, ago.

Gregg