Hotel Cayo Limon

chasgo3

May 30, 2006
Has anyone stayed at this hotel or knows anything about it. I have heard completely opposite reviews about it. The website looks amazing( although it's written in spanish) and we'd like to stay there but when I called the number was disconnected. ( is that a sign?)

Any information provided will be welcomed and appreciated!

Thanks.

slpparish

Apr 7, 2005
Choose something else!

This hotel is completely isolated from everything. It is a 10 minute walk to the beach (Playa Limon) and a 20 minute drive to Las Terrenas where you'd be able to go out to restaurants etc. There is nothing there to do. Whenever I have gone past this hotel, I have always wondered what were these people thinking with building a hotel in that location where they are not on the beach? There are so many great places to stay in Las Terrenas - Playa Colibri Apart/Hotel or in the Playa Bonita area -- Bahia Las Ballenas hotel, Casa Grande hotel to name a few. If you want something on the quieter side, head for Playa Bonita. Many of the hotels there have great restaurants, the beach is stunning (as well as Coson beach which is walkable from there and gorgeous), and the atmosphere very islandy. Each hotel has its own charm and they are all small, independently owned. You can easily drive into the town of Las Terrenas when you want to have a bit more action.