North Coast Rum & Cigars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maggie6872

Jul 18, 2005
Anyone have any info on the rum factories (tours, hours, etc) or cigar factories in the POP area? I will be there this coming weekend- Sat- Tues and wanted to see if I could fit any in.
Thanks,
Margaret

Brugal factory in Puerto Plata offers tours, The Brugal Rum Factory

No visit to the Dominican Republic north coast is complete without savouring the local drink of choice, which is Brugal rum. In Puerto Plata visitors can enjoy a brief tour of the distiller’s bottling operation (actual production takes place elsewhere) and end the experience with a sample. The factory produces more than one and a half million litres of white and dark rum each year.

Opening time: Tours are conducted Monday to Friday 9am to 12pm, and 2pm to 5pm; Admission: Free

Cigars, there are more in the Santiago area than in the POP area.
PM member Hillbilly about cigars, he is the master of that subject.

ABB

Jun 12, 2006
cigars, north coast and hillbilly

Stayed Casa Marina reef at easter 2006 and got in touch with hillbilly via this site. Trip to Santiago was out of this world if you are interested in cigars. Hillbilly is a real gentleman and is completely honest trustworthy and great fun. I would not hesitate to recommend him for help with cigar factory tours.

I got the carribe bus from the north coast to Santiago and after meeting up with Hillbilly we did several factories, he told me all about Dom Rep and we had a few smokes.

North Coast was great but the highlight of our holiday was definitely Santiago. Also Hillbilly helped me get a good deal on a few superb cigars.

Status
Not open for further replies.