Dominicans in Sanford North Carolina

NCScott

Jun 2, 2006
spaces.msn.com
Hello/ Hola!
I am 100% gringo from Sanford NC, but my wife is Dominican (from Santo Domingo and living here 2 1/2 years), and we live in Sanford, NC. There are only a few Dominican families here, but our population is growing. We even have a supermarket now, which has Dominican management and employees. One of our closest Dominican friends here has a company here in Sanford for Bail Bonding, and there is a Dominican restaurant planned for the Downtown Sanford area in the near future.
We are always excited to know new Dominicans in our area and things of interest going on locally related to the D.R.
I have been fortunate to visit the D.R. four times so far and consider myself lucky that my wife is from there.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
A lot of Dominicans go to the Furniture Fair over in thomasville and that area...twice a year.

There is a guy over in Archdale that used to wholesale Dominican Cigars to local stores...

HB

cuas

May 29, 2006
My daughter goes to school [college] in Greensboro. Not a lot there neither.

Sunniebgi

Jun 13, 2007
El Rancho Caribbean Restaurant

HI there,

I'm trying to contact the owner or someone who knows how to get in touch with the guy who owns El Rancho Restaurant in Sanford NC. I am in Barbados and brought him some pepper sauce last summer when there, and want to make sure he is still around so I can bring more this summer.

Thanks..

sunndain at gmail dot com

please no spam.. thanks

el_platano10

Jun 14, 2007
360.yahoo.com
jacksonville, nc

I have been living in jacksonville nc for the last 3 years. We have alot of dominicans over here, mostly Marines and family of. Myself i'm a Marine, was here back in 1998 moved to california and came back. Now going back to california for second time. Raleigh has alot of domiinicans even a dominican club cant remember the name,but the other day the merenguero aguacate was there and tito rojas. If you have any questions let me know.

GOPpartypros

Apr 22, 2008
www.GOPpartypros.com
DOMINICANOS in SANFORD, NC

Hi Guys,

Former New Yorker Here.
Married into Dominican Family.. I moved to Sanford,NC 2 yrs ago.. love the atmosphere.. too quiet compared to NYC but thats why i moved out here anyway.. Dominicans are trickling down from NYC.. mostly going to Fayetteville,NC because they have family in FORT BRAGG military base.. My friend is the Owner of El Rancho Restaurant in Sanford,NC.. I'm a Karaoke & DJ Services provider.. I will be giving him Karaoke services for his Restaurant.. Jose Correa (owner) of the place needs Dominican Support to keep his business alive.. I'm contributing my services..possibly making a Lounge area with music in his business also.. C'mon guys lets keep the Dominicans coming..too many other Latinos, little Dominicans..
visit his website: El Rancho Caribbean Restaurant - Home plus mine: Home

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
There are a lot of Dominicans leaving NY for various reasons with many ending up in the South. There must be thousands of such in the Central Florida area.

All I can tell you is tell your buddy to make sure he has Mexican type of food too, as I remember when I was stationed in Ft Bragg in the 80's that Sanford had a large percentage of Mexicans. I bet it's much more now.

Also, I have a friend who lives about a half hour North of Sanford whose wife is Dominican. Send him an email at daveswiers@yahoo.com - I'm sure his wife would love to meet other Domincans in the area.