Guest Friendly Hotels in SDQ

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
bigbird said:
Does anyone know which hotels is Santo Domingo are guest friendly?
You mean some of them aren't friendly to their guests? Doesn't seem like they remain in business for long. :cheeky:

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

They're are an awful lot of hotels in Santo Domingo. If you could narrow down the area, or if you had specific hotels in mind, I'm sure someone would be able to provide you with an answer.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
rellosk said:
They're are an awful lot of hotels in Santo Domingo. If you could narrow down the area, or if you had specific hotels in mind, I'm sure someone would be able to provide you with an answer.

To be quite honest I know nothing about Santo Domingo. I have been to Sosua 5 times and just returned from a very nice trip to Boca Chica. I had such a great time on the South Coast I want to make another trip soon. This time it will be split between BC and SD.

I guess the area doesn't matter that much since I know nothing about the city.

Tuan

Aug 28, 2004
El Se?orial, a Swiss-Dominican familly hotel with a great restaurant and positioned near the Obelisk on the Malec?n, one block up Presidente. Borgus.
Walking distance to all in the Colonial Zone, the action part of the Malec?n and close enough to Bellas Artes and museums, but also walking distance to great restaurants like Vesuvio, Asadero Argentino, etc. etc.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Tuan said:
El Se?orial, a Swiss-Dominican familly hotel with a great restaurant and positioned near the Obelisk on the Malec?n, one block up Presidente. Borgus.

Thanks for the lead. I did a search but did not find a web page. I sent them an email to see if they have one. A great restaurant? That's a good beginning.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I concur with El Se?orial, the food is great in the restaurant. Swiss run by a serious owner.

El Se?orial
809-687-4367
Pte. Vicini Burgos No. 58
Entire Independencia y Malecon

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
SKY said:
I concur with El Se?orial, the food is great in the restaurant. Swiss run by a serious owner.

El Se?orial
809-687-4367
Pte. Vicini Burgos No. 58
Entire Independencia y Malecon

This will be trip #6 to the DR for me. I am doing my research on SDQ, and as usual I start with DR1 info. The places that I find of interest are the Colonial Zone and the Malecon. Is El Senorial within walking distance of these areas? I don't mind walking, as a matter of fact it is my preferred way of travel. You get to see so much more on foot.

Thanks for the info.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
It is one block from the Malecon and a longer walk to the Colonial Zone.

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
Hotel Riazor

The Hotel Riazor number is (809) 685-5566.

Calle Independencia (behind La Jaragua)...good location.

About USD$50-55 per night...great security...clean and nice rooms...breakfast included...walking distance to everything.

Scandall

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
SKY said:
It is one block from the Malecon and a longer walk to the Colonial Zone.
"longer walk" ????? Can I take that to mean I would be better off with a taxi? I love being near the ocean so I think most of my time would be walking the Malecon (correct?). I most definetly would want to spend an entire day in Zona Colonial doing the turista thing while getting an education at the same time. But by night I like to play.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Scandall said:
The Hotel Riazor number is (809) 685-5566.

Calle Independencia (behind La Jaragua)...good location.

About USD$50-55 per night...great security...clean and nice rooms...breakfast included...walking distance to everything.

Scandall
Thanks Scandall,,,,,,,I am searching the net to find a city map of Santo Domingo then I can start to put the pieces together. Part of the fun when traveling is planning the trip, especially when visiting a new city.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
elmojito said:
Check this one out:

Hotel Atarazana
Vincente Celestino Duarte - 19
Zona Colonial, Santo Domingo
info@hotel-atarazana.com
tel: (809) 688-3693

I took a chance and tried hotel-atarazana.com. It turned out to be the homepage under construction. That is a nice looking hotel. Actually it looks too nice to be chica friendly.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Tamborista said:
Hostal Riazor is perfect for you Birdman,

I am not too sure about that. I did a Yahoo search for Hostal Riazor and this is what came back:

Enchanting Encounters - Provides hotel, transportation, trips, and vacations to the Caribbean for same sex, gender loving, homosexual, bisexual, gay men and man. ..Hotel Riazor. Colonial-style small hotel 15 min ... Medium-size hotel right at the colonial center of Santo Domingo, in front ... north-east of the Dominican Republic. Famous for the ...

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I thought I would keep all of your options open if you struck out in Remington Palace!

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Tamborista said:
I thought I would keep all of your options open if you struck out in Remington Palace!

Well my options don't have to be that open.

Awhile back I posted about getting from Boca Chica to Sosua and I remember you were one of the ones to provide positive feedback. I made out fine, it was easy as can be. I did a cab from El Caucho to Caribe Bus Terminal in SDQ, a very pleasant bus ride to Sosua, and finally a cab to Club R. Hotel to hotel was a little over 5 hours. Thanks for the help.

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
bigbird said:
Does anyone know which hotels is Santo Domingo are guest friendly?

There are two hotels that are guest-friendly.

Napolitano Hotel.

I stayed at the Napolitano three weeks ago and the cheapest price was $83 per night (including everything) for a non-smoking room with two beds. Breakfast is included and the swimming pool is excellent. You also get a free coupon for a drink of your choice.

Hotel Delta

I stayed here two months ago and a non-smoking room with two beds was $55 per night. Including tax, it is around $70 per night. I do not know if breakfast is included.

The pool is a bit too cold.

There are many more hotels to choose from.

Have a great time! :)

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Tater:

What was your experience @ V Centenario?
I like that hotel, but you posted they frown upon visitors.

Tambo'

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
Tamborista said:
Tater:

What was your experience @ V Centenario?
I like that hotel, but you posted they frown upon visitors.

Tambo'

How've you been? :)

Visitors are not allowed at the Intercontinental.

Besides that, I like the Intercontinental very much. They serve a nice breakfast for free, a nice and warm pool, very clean rooms, etc. The cheapest I paid was around $110 per night including tax. Its quite pricey.

Have a nice weekend.