Beachfront sold in las galeras, samana

Jasper

Bronze
Jan 10, 2002
just heard that 2 significant beachfronts were sold this past week in las galeras for the amounts of +U$10 million + apprx $RD10 million. i don't want to specify where they are but if you have been there and you know where 1 big and 1 small cavity of beachfront is in the village, along the ocean, then you can figure it out.

rmary

Oct 4, 2003
Any idea who it was sold to? Does it sound like some big or small resorts or perhaps villas etc.?

Rose

McCool

Feb 1, 2002
Property Flipped?

I'm wondering if this is the same property that supposedly Gri-Gri owned west of the fish shack. If so, she sold it in March, had her money in hand, and now has the property resold???

La Vanda

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
There goes the neighborhood!!!

We who have enjoyed that area will now leave. Thanks Progress!:(:(:(

HB :ermm:

Andy B

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
www.elmarinique.com
Not to worry yet, HB. I heard Gri Gri's buyer backed out when he found out about all the problems this particular piece of property has. Also, just yesterday they were showing the property to yet another unsuspecting buyer. There's a lot going on here in Parcel 21 regarding property ownership and although I'm privy to a lot of the legal action, I'm not prepared to discuss any of this at this time.

The big piece that went for $10 million is between hotel Todo Blanco and Ahmsa Casa Marina Bay resort and won't affect the main part of town or the beach that much. It was supposedly sold several years ago for $6 million and I'll believe all this when I see it.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Yes, my impression was that Jasper meant empty lots, further down the beach as Andy B says, not the former restaurant Jardin Tropical (where Mr C and I got married!) and the place that used to house the dive shop.

Jasper

Bronze
Jan 10, 2002
i checked my source again and apparently gri gri was already paid and the info about the other sale came from the lawyer involved in the sale who said that the land was sold.

Andy B

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
www.elmarinique.com
Gri Gri's buyer put an option on the land and as I understand, when he discovered all the problems, both legal and physical, he backed out. As I said, ALL the property owners within Parcel 21 (with the exception of a few, us included) have got a serious problem and the gist of it all is that two court decisions (1994 and 2003) from the Tribunal de Tierra (the second being the Superior court in Santo Domingo) have upheld the original owners' claim to the property and all titles numbered 85-1 have been annuled. Papers have been served giving the current property owners notice of this action.