Travel in air conditioned comfort...

The best coach bus company in the DR is....

• Metro

Votes: 21 52.5%
  • Caribe Tours

Votes: 19 47.5%
  • Terrabus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
DR1 members most favorite coach bus company for cross country travel in the Dominican Republic and/or to Haiti is????

Well, if you are a member of DR1 simply make a very easy and quick click on the option that best suits you and voila, we got an answer!

DISCLAIMER: THIS AND ALL POLLS REFLECT ONLY THE OPINION OF DR1 MEMBERS WHO CHOOSE TO PARTICIPATE.

-NALs

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
I believe most people that have taken this poll have not taken Metro on a long bus ride...

They have newer buses...their drivers are better qualified and the service is incredible...compared to Caribe...

Believe me...I have taken both...in VERY long rides!

MQ

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Terra Bus is no longer in business.

Caribetours is the only company that goes to Haiti.

For inter-urban trips within the DR, Metro is plusher, but more expensive.

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
I have traveled with both Metro and Caribe, very comfortable except for the over exaggerated air conditioning! But than again, this is typical here, if you have air conditioning it only comes with two settings “High and Off”!

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Musicqueen said:
I believe most people that have taken this poll have not taken Metro on a long bus ride...

They have newer buses...their drivers are better qualified and the service is incredible...compared to Caribe...

Believe me...I have taken both...in VERY long rides!

MQ

Musicqueen's comment verified.

A family member experienced the service of both carriers this past Sunday transiting from Santo Domingo to Santiago and return. Caribe to Santiago and Metro on the return. Metro hands-down received the best review, bus departed on-time, great coach, clean, great a/c, better and cleaner stations. Caribe fare was RD$ 200 and Metro RD$ 240.

Regards,
PJT

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I've ridden both and will agree that Metro is more luxurious than Caribe Tours. But is it worth the extra money? Maybe on a very long trip, as MusicQueen says, it would be, but until I take such a trip, I'll stick with Caribe Tours. Besides, I don't have a choice. I can't get anywhere from Sosua on Metro, since there is no service from here.

Which underscores what another poster said: Metro's service area and schedule more limited than Caribe Tours. Because they serve much more of the country than Metro, and do it well, I consider Caribe Tours the best bus company in the DR.

For anybody who looks down their nose at Caribe Tours, you should have been here during the years when we made trips to Santo Domingo from Sosua on badly overcrowded cast off yellow school buses.

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
metro

Ken said:
I've ridden both and will agree that Metro is more luxurious than Caribe Tours. But is it worth the extra money? Maybe on a very long trip, as MusicQueen says, it would be, but until I take such a trip, I'll stick with Caribe Tours. Besides, I don't have a choice. I can't get anywhere from Sosua on Metro, since there is no service from here.

Which underscores what another poster said: Metro's service area and schedule more limited than Caribe Tours. Because they serve much more of the country than Metro, and do it well, I consider Caribe Tours the best bus company in the DR.

For anybody who looks down their nose at Caribe Tours, you should have been here during the years when we made trips to Santo Domingo from Sosua on badly overcrowded cast off yellow school buses.

I agree,I use Caribe tours a lot,and also the guaguas from SD to el limon...I thought Metro went to Sanchez???or Samana....I do not see it on their web site???
bob

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You should have used Transporte Espinal and AETRA, also Expreso Vegano and Bello Atardecer.

Metro is by far the more luxurious, but Caribe Tours serves more places.

HB

spike00lee

Jun 29, 2003
I have used Transporte Espinal, Caribe, and Metro from Santiago to the Captial. First let me say the bathroom for Transporte Espinal in the captial looked (at the time) like a scientific experiment gone bad. Caribe was nice, we had no problems. On Metro it was very nice, I even saw the guys helping the ladies on and off the bus. But as mentioned before, Caribe goes to more places. If I had a choice I would use Metro, but Caribe is fine as well.