Boca Chica "warning"

vera

May 23, 2006
Boca Chica, could be a nice experience if you don't go there for the wrong reasons, also it could enjoyable if you go to a place with a private beach. If you put together the vendors, the chicas, the Duarte street, the beggers, the drug vendors, Mercedes, Politur, it all = stress.
Do not go there with jewelry, do not give confidence to ANYBODY, you'd still be approached and bugged but at least you'll be in control, not them.
I have seen the Politur, returned a ho to her pimp because she did not give her pimp his part of the mula.
MEGAWARNING: there is a guy that dresses all in one pattern, flower shirt with matching flower shorts, yellow pants with matching yellow shirt, he's tall, chubby, bald, very dark and has horrible teeth, DO NOT ALLOW THIS PERSON TO COME NEAR YOU, he'd befriend you, offer you girls, drugs, take you places, he will not leave your side to protect you, as he put it, you might think that by buying him lunch and the occasional beer, it's a done deal! NO NO, he'd request MONEY FOR HIS SERVICES on the day you're due to fly back to wherever you came from, and you'd be in trouble if you refuse.
I'll be back with more info...

Last edited by a moderator:

Beads

Bronze
May 21, 2006
wow sounds like you got screwed over. always consider a person who is trying to steer you towards drugs and take you to places away from where you want to be trouble. also never leave drinks unattended! you dont need a person like this to show you around. of course hes doing it for money! why else is he doing all this, for fun? he should have been considered the same as any other street pusher and told whatever hes selling your not interested in and thanks but have a good day. then dont have any other conversations and stay away from him. people like this guy exist all over the island you just need to learn to pick them out and stay away from them.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
vera said:
I'll be back with more info...

Not sure if I really care to read it. Vera, you have made a grand total of 6 posts and everyone of them has something negative to say about the DR. That being said, "Why do you go?"

My first trip to Boca Chica was 5/11/06. I enjoyed myself so much I am returning 7/7/06. This will be my 6th trip to the DR and I can not complain about anything. The DR is the DR, it is not Paris, London or NYC it is the DR and a great place to visit.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Because...

bigbird said:
Not sure if I really care to read it. Vera, you have made a grand total of 6 posts and everyone of them has something negative to say about the DR. That being said, "Why do you go?"

My first trip to Boca Chica was 5/11/06. I enjoyed myself so much I am returning 7/7/06. This will be my 6th trip to the DR and I can not complain about anything. The DR is the DR, it is not Paris, London or NYC it is the DR and a great place to visit.

some people have the tendency to want to show EVERTHING they know in a NY minute.
I know a few people like that. It's usually bla, bla, bla,as if they are re-inventing the wheel.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i always loved Boca Chica...but i'm street-wise so when they look at me when i say "no", it really means i'm about 10 seconds from kicking your a**....

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Kyle said:
i always loved Boca Chica...but i'm street-wise so when they look at me when i say "no", it really means i'm about 10 seconds from kicking your a**....

LOL, you give them 10 seconds? I only give them 9.

El Diego

Apr 24, 2006
it's always good to hear the bad, the ugly, the negative things that happens to tourists in DR... why always read the nice, friendly time you had in DR? It's good sometimes to be aware of things that can go wrong in a vacation while in bc or any other place in dr.

vera

May 23, 2006
It could be a beautiful place and that is what bothers me, also what is shocking to me, is that you "bigbird" my exclusive post analist have NOT mentioned the one place where some order by the owner is applied at all times, therefore some peace can be had.
I do not want to show everything in a NY minute, but I'd omit why I put BC down, although I must continue going there and minding my business.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
vera said:
you "bigbird" my exclusive post analist have NOT mentioned the one place where some order by the owner is applied at all times, therefore some peace can be had.

If you are looking for the tranquility of being on a deserted island than go to a deserted island. What kind of peace are you looking for? Maybe an AI in Punta Cana would be more suitable for you.

vera

May 23, 2006
bigbird i hope dominicans in the bc area, dont translate your "nickname" :)
than is not correct, you should have written instead "THEN"
trust me bigbird I know how to take care of myself, I did say that the water smells and everything BUT i added that there is something magical about that place.

vera

May 23, 2006
i guess you have never been by "el parque" across from the "municipal police station and the church" there is a gathering of pedophiles, parents selling their minor kids for a couple of hours and at the top 1000 pesos, young girls that had only flown to the DR, considering themselves flattered because the sankie gave them an appointment, do you know how much they are risking?

vera

May 23, 2006
I forgot to add also DOLORES, with the dame algo - poor woman she does however have a beautiful smile, does anybody know the story about her? I just want someone to confirm it :(

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
It is amazing to me how people can go to a place (Boca chica or any place for that matter) and immediately be offered drugs, girls, etc...while for some reason I've been to all kinds of places in this worlds (including many times to Bouca Chica) and never been offered these things...

Could it be because you actually went there looking for these things? "El que busca encuentra..."

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
suarezn said:
It is amazing to me how people can go to a place (Boca chica or any place for that matter) and immediately be offered drugs, girls, etc...while for some reason I've been to all kinds of places in this worlds (including many times to Bouca Chica) and never been offered these things...

Could it be because you actually went there looking for these things? "El que busca encuentra..."

I have to agree with you, I've never been offered any of the above as well.

I like that saying, "El que busca encuentra"