rent a scooter/vespa

vouvoune

Mar 17, 2006
Buenas,
I will be in SD for a month and would like to rent a scooter at least for 2 weeks..any tips?

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
vouvoune said:
Buenas,
I will be in SD for a month and would like to rent a scooter at least for 2 weeks..any tips?

How important is your life to you? If driving a car in Santo Domingo is dangerous, riding a scooter is suicide. And I'm NOT exagerating.

vouvoune

Mar 17, 2006
Ok then :)

thaks for the tip :) It doesn't sound like a good idea I guess...
I have another unrelated question, is there an online mapquest like in the US where you can enter 2 adresses and get driving directions? Gracias! Vanessa

Last edited:

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
vouvoune said:
I have another unrelated question, is there an online mapquest like in the US where you can enter 2 adresses and get driving directions? Gracias! Vanessa
Same answer as in the other identical question in the other thread - not AFAIK.

Asking the same question several times doesn't get you a better or faster answer. Most readers read all new posts unless they have blocked particular forums.

Gregg

Last edited:

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Has anybody ever rented a Pasola or Late model Scooter in Sosua or Cabarete and lived to talk about it? I was thinking of renting one for a week.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Tamborista said:
Has anybody ever rented a Pasola or Late model Scooter in Sosua or Cabarete and lived to talk about it? I was thinking of renting one for a week.
Maybe Margarita will lend you hers.:)

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Come one now, she needs her pasola to get to school, she is almost finished with her masters in beverage administration!

It was a serious question Rellosk, where can I rent 2 wheels and a small engine to get around the North Coast?

tazboardergirl

Aug 5, 2006
who cares about the danger, be a defensive driver and be on your way! i lived in italy for a few years and it was crazy, but I love the kaos! just do it. I'm coming the end of nov and moving around punta cana, i'm buying a scooter/vespa. go big or go home! and drive like somones out to kill ya!

Russian

Aug 27, 2004
www.partbeamsystech.com
Tamborista,

We rented a scooter in Sosua with my GF on July 3, drove around for about three hours (Sosua is not that big) and then about an hour after lunch, both of us still alive. There are a few places in Sosua where you can rent motorcycle, scooter, or 4 wheeler, just ask in your hotel or about anybody on the street. Rent from the place that actually has an office and established parking lot (some muchacho was trying to "rent" us a motorcycle parked by the tree, LOL). You will need to give your passport or ID as a deposit, and agree to pay for the damages if scooter is hit. I think helmets are mandatory for motorcyclists, but not sure if this applies to scooter riders. AMET will take your license for traffic violations, even if you are a tourist. Have fun and be VERY careful.

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
BAd IDEA to rent a scooter. Those things get stolen often. I have seen someone take one from a lot and throw it on the back of a pick up truck. I once bought a used one for $400 us and left it in a freinds indoor parking for me to use when i go there.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Do you guys remember the Horrific story of the poster who had his rental scooter stolen and tried to skip town without paying??

Russian

Aug 27, 2004
www.partbeamsystech.com
What you have to live for deposit probably depends on the place. We were asked to leave a passport or any other ID as a deposit for scooter, so I left the cedua. Got it back at the afternoon without problem. Agree with other posters - scooter is very easy to steal, we were given a huge chain with the lock, both transported under the seat, and I used it to attach the scooter to some pole or gate each time we stopped.