mapquest/navigation online system in the DR?

vouvoune

Mar 17, 2006
mapquest/navigation online system in the DR?+play+fan

I have another question, is there an online mapquest like in the US ,where you can enter 2 adresses and get driving directions? Gracias! Vanessa

Last edited:

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
Vouvoune,
Welcome to DR1. As you will be in SD let me say that we have a number of members that live in SD and if you ask I am almost assured that at least one of them would be more then willing to spend some time and help you learn the public transportation system once you have determined where you will be staying. Public transportation would be much safer then renting and driving a moped or motorcycle and a lot cheaper. Stay in touch with the board for any additional help you may need.

Rick

vouvoune

Mar 17, 2006
Gracias

Thanks for all the help...I will be taking SPanish classes in the morning and want to head to the beach in the afternoon. What is the best way to do that within budget?
Yet another question :) Is there a second hand store in the zona colonial? I need a cheap fan...

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
vouvoune said:
Thanks for all the help...I will be taking SPanish classes in the morning and want to head to the beach in the afternoon. What is the best way to do that within budget?
The nearest beach is 30-45 minutes away. If you take a taxi it will cost about $30US each way. Mass transportation would be much less expensive, but I would not recommend it until you get familiar with the area. Depending on where you are in the Capital you may need to take more than one guagua(sic).

My suggestion is to stay in the Capital during the week and head to the beach on the weekends.

May 12, 2005
If you're in the Capital and looking to go someplace in the afternoon and swim, there are a couple of waterparks located in the city. Not sure of the names and locations. I'm sure some members here can provide the details.