Street Map of Santo Domingo?

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
rellosk said:
Why not just buy this one.

This is why.

All versions of this item are currently out of stock.
Availability is approximately 2 weeks.

I did put my name on a send email list for when it is available.

Thanks for the info.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
bigbird said:
This is why.

All versions of this item are currently out of stock.
Availability is approximately 2 weeks.

I did put my name on a send email list for when it is available.
Wow. I guess all that DR1 advertising paid off.:)

If you can't find one, I'll sell you mine. How much are you offering? :)

Actually, I can let you borrow it. If you PM me with a mailing address, I'll send it to you.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
rellosk said:
Actually, I can let you borrow it. If you PM me with a mailing address, I'll send it to you.

Thanks for the offer, very kind of you. I don't leave for SDQ until July 7th. Hopefully it will be in by then.

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
Bookshops and many touristy shops around El Conde sell an excellent Santo Domingo street map from Mapas Gaar (a Dominican product, and a very good one). 150 pesos. (Get the Region Este - Mapa de Santo Domingo one. One one side a detailed street map, on the other side a good road map of the whole country and street maps of other cities).
This is an online map, but the quality is not good enough for printing: http://www.bocachicabeach.net/images/maps/map_santo_domingo_merge_low.jpg

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
Great online map this Victor, and it's searchable if you want to find the location of a street!!

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Victor Laszlo said:
There's a pretty good PDF map here: http://www.colonialzone-dr.com/stodgo_map-lenin.pdf. It's huge, but you can magnify an area, capture it with the snapshot tool and then print it. You can also download the whole map to your PC.

Victor I can not tell you how much this map has helped me. I make my first visit to SDQ in a month. I have located my hotel and several of points of interest I want to visit. I have been to Sosua and Boca Chica where a map is not that important. Two hours of walking and you feel at home.

Can you give me some information on "capture it with the snapshot tool and then print it".

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
bigbird said:
Can you give me some information on "capture it with the snapshot tool and then print it".

Well I kept messing with Acrobat Reader and finally found a way to print portions of the map. Use the select graphic tool and draw a box around the area you want to print. Select print from file menu. On the print dialogue box is an option to check, print to fit page. Presto, you have an 8.5x11 map of just the area you want.

Victor this is without a doubt one of the most useful replies I have ever received.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Victor Laszlo said:
There is one for Puerto Plata here: http://enpuertoplata.com/images/mapa_provincia_ptopta.pdf.

I don't know of any others at the moment.

Thanks.

I printed out 6 different maps of Santo Domingo. They range from 10 square blocks to 50 square blocks. It is a good feeling to have the maps before you arrive. 4 weeks before I leave and by then I will have a good sense of the street layout.

Thank you again and again.

Victor Laszlo

Bronze
Aug 24, 2004
Bigbird, you're welcome, but the credit should go to whoever created these. I just stumbled across them. In any case, I hope you have an enjoyable vacation.

Rellosk, nope, that's it for now.