Another piece of environmental news

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
I've not heard anything Keith. I guess the big news for the day is a slow let-down that DR-Cafta will be 'unavoidably delayed while the preparations are rushed to completion.... ' while there is no sign that anyone is doing anything. But then again, wrong forum for that discussion. ;)

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Actually, there is an environmental cooperation angle to DR-CAFTA. I met some EPA fellows in Jan. with the intention of writing a GT blog piece about it, but somehow never found the moment to write and post it. Still have my notes, so maybe I should dust them off...

Alot of governments -- including many in Latin America -- use World Environment Day to launch a concerted environmental education campaign about a particular theme, or introduce or push a particular piece of environmental regulation or legislation. Just wondered if SEMARN did likewise...

I'm not surprised at some events being held in Santiago, given the presence there of the Sociedad Ecologica del Cibao (SOECI), the group many speak of but I can't seem to get anyone to write a GT blog piece about... :ermm: