Dominicanas and the beach

Animation

Jan 12, 2006
I've only been to the DR 2 times and was wondering if dominicanas are big beach goers? From my experience I have seen little to no dominicanas on the beaches. Most of the beaches I have visited have been on the North coast or close to the capital. Is this just the case in those areas which are more touristy? Does anyone know of any beaches that non-working dominican females frequent to hang out or is the beach just not their thing?

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
Animation said:
I've only been to the DR 2 times and was wondering if dominicanas are big beach goers? From my experience I have seen little to no dominicanas on the beaches. Most of the beaches I have visited have been on the North coast or close to the capital. Is this just the case in those areas which are more touristy? Does anyone know of any beaches that non-working dominican females frequent to hang out or is the beach just not their thing?

:ermm:
Which beaches close to the capital did you visit? Many Dominicans love the beach. Just look on a sunday in Boca Chica, Palenque, Najayo. I thought the same applied to Sosua and Cabarete. In the weekends some all-in beach resorts are full of Dominicans, the ones that can afford them.

vince1956

On Vacation!
May 24, 2006
Playa Beaches By Geremia Dom From Uk

A Nice Beach La Posa De Bojolo Playa Grande De Amonti Cabbreta ?la.terena ? This Beach Has A River Which Runs Into The Sea Where They Jump Off The Bridge Into The River Which Is Nice And Clean There A Few Food Venders There The River Is About 10 C Colder Than The Sea Nice To Cool Off When The Sea Is Hot

May 31, 2005
Yeah. When I go to the Dominican Republic I always like to go to the beach with my Dominican friends and family.

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Animation said:

Perhaps you should mention the beaches.

Beaches I go to are full of Dominicans - Sosua & Cabarete.

monster

Oct 16, 2005
Animation said:

Those beaches that you probably went to are close to real Dominicans by the tourism industry. I read about a month ago that the politicians were going to require the resorts to open the beaches to the public. I dont know if that really has a chance of happening, but I hope its does happen.

El Tigre

Jan 23, 2003
Rocky said:
Sunday's the big day.
If it's a beach away from the tourist zones, they will not be working girls.

I wonder why that is? I've always thought Sunday to be the day to stay home and rest before going back to work on Monday. So therefore Saturday is a better day for me (but that's just me).

Could it be that a lot of people work on Saturdays until noon. I know a few people that do in Santiago. Maybe that's the reason.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
El Tigre said:
I wonder why that is? I've always thought Sunday to be the day to stay home and rest before going back to work on Monday. So therefore Saturday is a better day for me (but that's just me).

Could it be that a lot of people work on Saturdays until noon. I know a few people that do in Santiago. Maybe that's the reason.
I'm just basing myself on the amount of busses I see on the highway, next to the Sosua Bay Beach on Sundays.
It may be different elsewhere.

El Tigre

Jan 23, 2003
Yeah I see those on Sundays when I'm in the area.

If there were to be a popularity contest Sosua wins it by far. I remember being of tender age and going to Sosua.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
El Tigre said:
Yeah I see those on Sundays when I'm in the area.

If there were to be a popularity contest Sosua wins it by far. I remember being of tender age and going to Sosua.

I see that too. One time we tried to go to a river in San Jose de Las Matas on a Sunday, My goodness, there were buses, cars and pickups fullof people, coming from who knows where to this river. We had to run from there, they were very loud and abnoxious, and drinking a lot. During the week everything was back to normal, quiet and serene and then u can enjoy the water flowing, the bird chirping the children splashing. :cheeky:

May 31, 2005
Rocky said:
I'm just basing myself on the amount of busses I see on the highway, next to the Sosua Bay Beach on Sundays.
It may be different elsewhere.
No. When I was living there we always went to the beach on Sundays. Now that I only go on vacation we go any day we please. Most of the times we go Mondays anyway because everybody is off on that day.

Stodgord

Bronze
Nov 19, 2004
Let me see if I can get the cat out of the bag.

Many Dominican females like going to the beach (under a shade of course) but not in the water for the simple reason that they don't want to get darker (mas prieta) or have their 'derisado' will come out. Sea water is the straight hair test in the DR.

May 31, 2005
Not just desrisado. Some women have curly hair and blow dry it straight. If you wet you hair you will need to blow dry it again. It does not mean that everyone with curly hair has a desrisado.

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Dominicanas love the rivers!

Want to see beautiful Dominicanas that are not putas? Go into the campo (usually Sundays) where they have access to a river bank that serves as a beach area (Jamao River is a perfect example). There you will see some of the most beautiful Dominicanas from all around the island!

Now try not ruining it by believing that these Dominicanas will come flocking over to you simply because you are a horned up gringo. Let me assure you that they won't even give you the time of day. Acting like a rude, disrespectful, arrogant gringo will guarantee you a good arse wooping by the men in their families. As a matter of fact try acting like a normal person and you will be accepted there and have the time of your life. You might even be invited back by a pretty Dominicana.

Stodgord

Bronze
Nov 19, 2004
They are trying to avoid being attacked by "una ñ*ma submarina" that seems to attack females only. Only trained females seem to be able to master this beast, as they are able to make it spits its guts, thus debilitating it, without getting compromised. The beast can be found in both salt and fresh water. Untrained female may see results of their encounter with the beast in a matter of weeks.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Where is this?

DominicanScotty said:
Want to see beautiful Dominicanas that are not putas? Go into the campo (usually Sundays) where they have access to a river bank that serves as a beach area (Jamao River is a perfect example). There you will see some of the most beautiful Dominicanas from all around the island!

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
DavidZ said:
Where is this?
Jamao is on the road between Sabaneta (20 minutes East of Sosua) and Moca.
It's a small town with a river through it.
Dominicans from the interior congregate there, specially in the summer and on weekends.
You may see a lot of pretty Dominicanas there, but you might also get a black eye if you approach one.
The pretty Dominicanas are usually accompanied by their boyfriends, or husbands.

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Just as you would

Rocky said:
Jamao is on the road between Sabaneta (20 minutes East of Sosua) and Moca.
It's a small town with a river through it.
Dominicans from the interior congregate there, specially in the summer and on weekends.
You may see a lot of pretty Dominicanas there, but you might also get a black eye if you approach one.
The pretty Dominicanas are usually accompanied by their boyfriends, or husbands.

As I have already posted.

Don't think that simply because you are welcomed there and you might even be a bit interesting to some of the folks there that this gives you an open season license on their women. Just as you would act or react if a group of Dominican men approached the females in your family while you are at your favorite picnic ground, watering hole etc. they also will do the same.

Yes, it is a beautiful place to go (Jamao). Bring some good Dominican music (if possible) some shorts, a cooler full of beers and other drinks along with some food (in case there is nowhere to get a beer and food there). Get into that river, it is gorgeous and have a good time. If the Dominican men will venture over to you pour them a beer! It is a jester and they will warm up to you. Who knows? Perhaps, if you are friendly enough and the men like you enough they might introduce you to their families.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Thanks Guys, I have my first daytrip for the month planned... anyone interested in going one Sunday coming up, let me know.. I have two coolers! Can you grill there, if you bring the gear or is that frowned upon?