Playa Dorado restaruant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suzanne_

Jun 6, 2006
We are planning a wedding at the Marien Coral Hilton, whose address is listed as playa dorado, puerto plata. But a hotel ballroom reception isnt really either of our styles

Are there any nearby resturants off the resort that might give us the opportunity to plan a fun casual reception with local foods or seafood or something like that, maybe someplace that would have or let us hire some musicians?

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
There is a rustic local restaurant at Los Manguito with good seafood and Dominican food on the roadside of Playa Dorada. You could book the entire restaurant, but may need to put some security to help the owners set aside that they are hosting a private party.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
If you want something a little nicer (really alot nicer), try Cariatides Restaurant. Located directly across the street from the Coral Marien. They have a private dining room and a diverse menu. They do Dominican theme menus as well as American and Italian. Do a search of DR1 for reviews as well as reports of weddings held there.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I agree on Cariatides, you wil not find better in the area.

Plaza el Doral
809-320-1410

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
not so nearby but good food

Chris and Maddy's, a stone's throw from the Ocean World attraction in Cofresi.

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
Escape del Mar

Escape del Mar on the Malecon is set up for small wedding receptions and also has a dance floor. The food id good and the decor is beautiful.

Suzanne_

Jun 6, 2006
Escape del Mar on the Malecon is set up for small wedding receptions and also has a dance floor. The food id good and the decor is beautiful.

where is that in relationship to the marien coral hilton in playa dorado? Having a little trouble finding maps and what not.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Suzanne_ said:

where is that in relationship to the marien coral hilton in playa dorado? Having a little trouble finding maps and what not.
Coral Marien is not in the Playa Dorado complex. It is in a complex called Costa Dorado which it shares with the Iberostar Hotel. It is located about a 1/4-1/2 mile west of Playa Dorado, towards Puerto Plata.

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
Depending on how many people - time of day etc - what about Teddies Island BBQ. It sounds like you two are fun - so again next to Ocean World ( about 20 mins from your hotel - 2 mins from playa D ). The bar/resturant is right on the beach, its a fair size, great food, fantastic view to watch the sun go down, car park for a coah to take your party from the hotel to the place? Just a thought ........

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
wishingiwasthere said:
- so again next to Ocean World ( about 20 mins from your hotel - 2 mins from playa D ). ..
I think they meant 20 mins to Playa Dorada or maybe 2 mins to Playa Cofresi.

baileyboy

Jun 27, 2004
Suzanne_ said:

This is about a 10 minute taxi drive from the Coral. It's located on the water, on the malecon, or boulevard. Its a newer restaurant, and very nice.

Suzanne_

Jun 6, 2006
Charlielyn said:
Escape del Mar is 5 min. from the Coral Marian. I'll be putting pictures of it up on my blog soon.

ohh i would live to see them! can you post a link?

Status
Not open for further replies.