Direction to the Santo Domingo Botanical Garden

Stodgord

Bronze
Nov 19, 2004
Can someone please tell me the direction to the botanical garden in Santo Domingo from los tres ojos. I know that part of it is adjacent to the highway to Santiago, but I don't know where is the main entrance.

Thanks

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Stodgord said:
Can someone please tell me the direction to the botanical garden in Santo Domingo from los tres ojos. I know that part of it is adjacent to the highway to Santiago, but I don't know where is the main entrance.

Thanks

When you transit from the Tres Ojos area depart westward toward Santo Domingo on Av Las Americas. The road will bring you over the New Duarte Bridge. At the other side the bridge the road has several options, street level Av 27 or elevated Av 27. Take the elevated level and proceed west along Av 27. You will be looking for the intersection with Av Maximo Gomez. It will be quite obvious as the elevated road ends and there is a tunnel for thru traffic under the intersection. You should proceed to the far right to take the off ramp to make the right turn onto Maximo Gomez north (away from the sea). When you are on Max Gomez shift as soon a possible to the left lanes as the intersection with Av J.F. Kennedy will rapidly approach. You will be taking a left turn onto JFK west towards Santiago. Once you are on JFK stay to the left in the thru traffic lanes and during this transit you will past thru or over these intersections: Ortega y Gassett, Tiradentes, and Lope de Vega. The next important intersection is at Av Abraham Lincoln, you will be turning right at this intersection, north onto Av Lincoln-changing to Av de Proceres, the signs indicating the Botanical Garden (Jardin Botanical) should be obvious. The road will take a gentle turn westward as you proceed and you will soon view the jardin grounds off to your right. You will approach the intersection of Av Jardin Botanico, turn right onto Av Jardin Botanico and proceed until you see the large parking area and ticket office off to your right, then enter. Be mindful this is a long transit ( +- 20 kms) in urban traffic.

The entrance fee is reasonable (forget the amt.) purchase the package that includes the tram ride around the park. The grounds are huge and walking the whole jardin in the heat will take the enjoyment out of the visit. Some points of interest are the orchid garden and Japanese garden. When you do a walking tour be sure to have some bottled water handy as the service/restaurant area is near the entrance/exit which at some point may be a long distance from where you are stationed.

Enjoy and regards,
PJT

Stodgord

Bronze
Nov 19, 2004
PJT said:
When you transit from the Tres Ojos area depart westward toward Santo Domingo on Av Las Americas. The road will bring you over the New Duarte Bridge. At the other side the bridge the road has several options, street level Av 27 or elevated Av 27. Take the elevated level and proceed west along Av 27. You will be looking for the intersection with Av Maximo Gomez. It will be quite obvious as the elevated road ends and there is a tunnel for thru traffic under the intersection. You should proceed to the far right to take the off ramp to make the right turn onto Maximo Gomez north (away from the sea). When you are on Max Gomez shift as soon a possible to the left lanes as the intersection with Av J.F. Kennedy will rapidly approach. You will be taking a left turn onto JFK west towards Santiago. Once you are on JFK stay to the left in the thru traffic lanes and during this transit you will past thru or over these intersections: Ortega y Gassett, Tiradentes, and Lope de Vega. The next important intersection is at Av Abraham Lincoln, you will be turning right at this intersection, north onto Av Lincoln-changing to Av de Proceres, the signs indicating the Botanical Garden (Jardin Botanical) should be obvious. The road will take a gentle turn westward as you proceed and you will soon view the jardin grounds off to your right. You will approach the intersection of Av Jardin Botanico, turn right onto Av Jardin Botanico and proceed until you see the large parking area and ticket office off to your right, then enter. Be mindful this is a long transit ( +- 20 kms) in urban traffic.

The entrance fee is reasonable (forget the amt.) purchase the package that includes the tram ride around the park. The grounds are huge and walking the whole jardin in the heat will take the enjoyment out of the visit. Some points of interest are the orchid garden and Japanese garden. When you do a walking tour be sure to have some bottled water handy as the service/restaurant area is near the entrance/exit which at some point may be a long distance from where you are stationed.

Enjoy and regards,
PJT

Thanks a lot for the info.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I LOVE the Botanical Gardens!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

I try going there as often as I can! The big tree in the Japanese Garden is spectacular!

I'd LOVE the job of running that place!