Tres Ojos?

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
americangirl said:
Is there a website for Tres Ojos?

I know this is not the answer you were looking for but maybe it will help a little.

Los Tres Ojos National Park

This unique park, on the east bank of the Ozama River, is a surreal experience for visitors. The park is actually a series of huge natural caves on different levels, containing fresh water lagoons. One is a sulphuric lake rumoured to be bottomless, which is contained in a volcanic crater. The caves are festooned with stalactites and stalagmites. The pre-Columbian Taino Indians used the site for religious ceremonies.

Address: Av. Las Am?ricas; Telephone: 809 472 4204; Opening time: Daily 8am to 5pm; Admission: DOP50

americangirl

May 30, 2006
Thank you but I was wondering if I could see pictures and stuff. Sounds beautiful, and I plan on going in September, but would like to see if there are any pictures of the grounds on a website or something.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
hmm...i have been curious as well..as i heard about it in rough guide.

I did some google searches but didnt come up with any photos.

If you decide to go...take some photos and share them here and tell us what you think!

americangirl

May 30, 2006
Will do. I went once when I was small, though I do not remember. Everyone says it is beautiful. I will post pics when I go....and if anyone else can get some pics before then, please post them here. thanks

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I've been several times since it's right around the corner from Faro a Colon, a place I take folks in the DR because of it's siginificance.

It's an interesting place and easy to take pics. Be sure to take the little raft trip across the lake (10 pesos or something).

The worst part is avoiding the vendors and "guides" as you walk from the parking lot. They can be annoying.

Enjoy!

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
cobraboy said:
I've been several times since it's right around the corner from Faro a Colon, a place I take folks in the DR because of it's siginificance.

Without a car what is the easiest way to get there from Santo Domingo?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
bigbird said:
Without a car what is the easiest way to get there from Santo Domingo?
A gua gua (sp?) toward the airport. It's at an intersection where conchos, buses, and gua gua's stop, at the easternmost entrance to Faro a Colon.

May 31, 2005
I went went I was a small girl. I remember being on the raft and how scared I was because I couldn't see all the way to the bottom.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
cobraboy said:
I will be in BC the second week of July and have decided to rent a car. Can someone provide driving directions to Los Tres Ojos from Boca Chica.