2 week vacation

beba050783

Jun 7, 2006
I'm going to DR on the 27th of this month for 2 weeks and I was reading about scuba diving. Sounds like fun!..has anyone done that? Tell me your experience, cost(I dont want to spend a lot of money) ...is it a waste of time? (probably not)

Is there anything else I should do?

Basically I want to plan everything before I go... I want to entertain myself as much as I can.

I've also read about swimming with sharks and dolphins..has anyone done that?

Any suggestions that can help me and my family is it greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

beba

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I see you posted this in the Santo Domingo section.
Is that where you are going?
There is a lot of scuba diving here, but it's huge country, and we'd have to know where you are staying to make suggestions.

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
Show Rocky some respect

beba050783 said:
this is a "SANTO DOMINGO" section, right? So, obviously it's in Santo Domingo.

Rocky asked you a question so that he can better answer your question.

So show Rocky some respect.

Line deleted.

Be nice - this is the kinder, gentler Travel Forum, now.

Gregg
Mod.

Last edited by a moderator:

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
beba050783 said:
I'm going to DR on the 27th of this month for 2 weeks and I was reading about scuba diving. Sounds like fun!..has anyone done that? Tell me your experience, cost(I dont want to spend a lot of money) ...is it a waste of time? (probably not)

Is there anything else I should do?

Basically I want to plan everything before I go... I want to entertain myself as much as I can.

I've also read about swimming with sharks and dolphins..has anyone done that?
It is my understanding that better water activities, such as swimming with the dolphins, take place on the North Coast. I think there is a water park and an aquarium in or near the Capitol, but I think it pales to what is offered on the North coast.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
well

beba050783 said:
this is a "SANTO DOMINGO" section, right? So, obviously it's in Santo Domingo.

In Santo domingo there is no scuba diving, Or at least any place that I would go. Now if you want to dive off the rocks in front of the Malecon and swim with the toilet paper, that can be done! Or for a real treat there is the Ozama River, God only knows what you will find there, but nearest place for any diving would be boca chica.

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Under Water

beba050783 said:
Any suggestions .... is it greatly appreciated!

Although this does not seem so (according to your answer):

I'd go to places like Punta Cana or Las Terrenas where you would find a number of diving schools and good diving grounds as well.

And then:
If you go for cheap diving, it may be dangerous diving.

m'frog

beba050783

Jun 7, 2006
Didn't your mother tell you that if you don't have anything nice to say, not to say anything at all.

Although you may not know it, there is no recreational swimming or diving in Santo Domingo - people were trying to find out more information to help you out. You will get more assistance from people here by being nice than from being confrontational.

Gregg
Mod.

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Largat?

Deleted.

If there is much more editing needed this whole thread will disappear.

Gregg
Mod.

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
Potato_Salad said:
Rocky asked you a question so that he can better answer your question.

So show Rocky some respect.

Line deleted.

Gregg
Mod.

I'm sorry.

But I did not like his response to Rocky. Rocky was just trying to help him.

Have a good day.

beba050783

Jun 7, 2006
I was just asking for some help and Rocky was being sarcastic with me and I was being sarcastic back (sort of, with a little attitude). I was just asking for some help from someone, but my first response was a nasty one and arrogant to.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
beba050783 said:
I was just asking for some help and Rocky was being sarcastic with me and I was being sarcastic back (sort of, with a little attitude). I was just asking for some help from someone, but my first response was a nasty one and arrogant to.
I certainly was not being sarcastic.
As I was answering your post, I noticed it was in the Santo Domingo section, and thought it might not have been intentional, not to mention that some folks call the whole country, Santo Domingo.
I don't surf this site by section, but by latest posts, so everything & anything comes up, regardless of which section it is posted in.
As you are a relatively new poster, and that there is no scuba diving right in Santo Domingo, that I know of, I thought it best to ask.
There was no sarcasm whatsoever.
A simple question, requiring a simple answer.

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
beba050783 said:

This is Rocky's "Kind and Generous" response to your post. I do not see anything sarcastic about it. Please read it again.

Rocky said:
I see you posted this in the Santo Domingo section.
Is that where you are going?
There is a lot of scuba diving here, but it's huge country, and we'd have to know where you are staying to make suggestions.

Are you finished reading it? Good. Now, as you can see, Rocky was just trying to help you.

I seriously think that you need to get a good night's sleep.

Good night.

P.S. If you have a problem, then please feel free and send me a private message. I will be more than happy to respond to you. But I will not be nice. :bunny:

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
Rocky said:
I certainly was not being sarcastic.
As I was answering your post, I noticed it was in the Santo Domingo section, and thought it might not have been intentional, not to mention that some folks call the whole country, Santo Domingo.
I don't surf this site by section, but by latest posts, so everything & anything comes up, regardless of which section it is posted in.
As you are a relatively new poster, and that there is no scuba diving right in Santo Domingo, that I know of, I thought it best to ask.
There was no sarcasm whatsoever.
A simple question, requiring a simple answer.

Hello Rocky, how are you? :)

Have you tried scuba diving before? I never have.

Good night and enjoy the rest of the weekend. :classic:

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Potato_Salad said:
Hello Rocky, how are you? :)
Just super fine, as I hope you are too.

Potato_Salad said:
Have you tried scuba diving before? I never have.
I'm far from being a pro, but I do shallow dives with Northern, on occasion, here in Sosua, although the best diving was on a trip they offer in Rio San Juan. It's the next best thing to traveling in outer space.

Potato_Salad said:
Good night and enjoy the rest of the weekend. :classic:
You too.