Bella Vista area

CrazyGurl

Apr 17, 2006
I am looking at renting an apartment in the Bella Vista area of Santo Domingo. The property is about 2 blocks from the shopping mall called Plaza Lama. Can anyone tell me what the area is like? Is this a good area of town? Would there be anything for children to do? Any information is most appreciated.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Put out a call for Chirimoya, or the PIBor Dolores or one of the other Sto Dgo professionals...:p:p:p

They'll give you the straight dope.
HB :D:D:D

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
CrazyGurl said:
I am looking at renting an apartment in the Bella Vista area of Santo Domingo. The property is about 2 blocks from the shopping mall called Plaza Lama. Can anyone tell me what the area is like? Is this a good area of town? Would there be anything for children to do? Any information is most appreciated.

Bella Vista es a relatively nice area to live in. The area around Plaza Lama in general is pretty nice, however you've got quite a bit of traffic in that area. I think the best part of living there is that you're close to pretty much everything you'll be needing, ex. Supermarket, stores, schools, transportation etc. As for stuff for the kids to do... can't think of anything right this minute.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Stuff for the kids - you're relatively near Parque Mirador Sur for a start. It is one of the nicer areas in the city, centrally located.