Wrongdoings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Werner

Feb 19, 2004
Onions&carrots said:
Good riddance to old rubbish. That's what they need to do to all criminals. We need uniformity there.

Redneck. :dead:

The onces with the uniforms are the biggest part of the criminals here. Justice happens in the courtroom, not on the street.

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Not here!!!!!!

Werner said:

The onces with the uniforms are the biggest part of the criminals here. Justice happens in the courtroom, not on the street.

Here the street is much faster and better. I agree that those gra uniforms are part of the problem but every now and then they do settle a little something!

HB !!

Werner

Feb 19, 2004
OK, but over 2 packs of sigaretes?
Sorry but I cant call that justice. So, it might be fast but better in no way. I think that every normal thinking person can come to that conclusion.

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Werner said:
OK, but over 2 packs of sigaretes?
Sorry but I cant call that justice. So, it might be fast but better in no way. I think that every normal thinking person can come to that conclusion.
Werner I'm with you. Behavior like this by the authorities(private or public) gets us closer to countries like Somalia. The problems of criminality can be complex, but pulling a trigger in this situation does nothing for justice.

Mar 21, 2002
Werner said:

I have no sympathy for criminals. I wish we had courtrooms that one could get justice from. What about that innocent young defenseless lamb that was gunned down like a wild animal in front of her own home in Santiago?

Where is her justice?

Catch the criminals and hang 'em high. I promise you they won't harm anyone anymore.

G

gary short

Gunning down a kid because he swiped some cigarettes...give me a break........that's a f**ked up police force. Obviousley they can't address the real problems because they're so corrupted they don't give a sh#t. Scum just trying to make press.....pathetic..

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Just Cigarettes, no Money?! Bang.

gary short said:
.... Scum just trying to make press....

Well, I don't think, it even made it to the newspapers, or did it?

The sad rumours are that the thief was hunted and shot by a policeman, wounding him in the leg.
People, who saw the dead at the hospital, said he had a bullet hole in the forehead....

m'frog

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
(sorry for my smart-azz reply, but that was the first thing I thought of after reading the first post)

The cops took the easy / stupid way out. After all, when all they do is ride around 2-on-a-moto or 3-in-a-car cruising around as long as they have gas, you can't expect them to chase the kid. He'd get away. Even if they get fingered, they won't be penalized by either the police or the courts. That's what makes this place a jungle isn't it?

Jan 5, 2006
The problem is that the same kid that was stealing those cigarretes was or would have eventually been snatching jewelry, purses, cell phones, etc. They start small and eventually graduate to holding up people and businesses, and then more violent crimes.

The sad reality is that right now, the best justice in DR is street justice.

G

gary short

Hipocrito Mejia said:
The problem is that the same kid that was stealing those cigarretes was or would have eventually been snatching jewelry, purses, cell phones, etc. They start small and eventually graduate to holding up people and businesses, and then more violent crimes.

The sad reality is that right now, the best justice in DR is street justice.

Give me a break.........what are you proposing anarchy.

Status
Not open for further replies.