Caribe Tours Bus Schedule

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
The Caribe Tours bus schedule is in Spanish and I am having difficulty understaning it. Can someone tell me what time is the first bus leaving Santo Domingo for Sosua and what time is the last bus leaving Sosua for Santo Domingo.

http://www.caribetours.com.do/

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
Although it's just a few words one can easily check in a dictionary, under 'horarios' (time schedules) it says 'horarios desde Santo Domingo' (schedules leaving from Santo Domingo) and 'horarios desde el interior' (schedules leaving the interior (and going to Santo Domingo)). 'En la mañana' means in the morning, 'en la tarde' in the evening. So the first bus leaving SD for Sosua leaves at 6:00 (am) and the last bus leaving Sosua leaves at 5:20 (pm).

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
If the schedule is current (and if I am reading it correctly), I believe the first bus leaving from Santo Domingo to Sosua is at 6:00am.

Coming back the last bus would be at 5:20pm.

amanacer

Dec 29, 2005
Big Bird,
Horarios desde SD means departures from SD, en la manana means a.m., en la tarde means p.m. so the first bus from SD to Sosua is at 6, and then every hour on the hour till 7.
From Sosua last bus leaves at 5:20 p.m.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I thought I had it right but the interior schedule was confusing because how do you know if the bus is going to Sosua or Santo Domingo?

Now the SDO departures, are there different buses going to all the cities listed? I guess you find the city you want to go to and that gives you the time of departure from SDO. How do you determine time of arrival?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
If you miss the 6 am bus, the next departures are at 7 and 8 am.

Normally figure about 4.5 hours, but the 6 and maybe 7 am buses should do better than that because they will miss the heavy traffic. Also, the last buses to Santo Domingo may do better thanks to reduced traffic.

Keep in mind that lots of things don't run on time in the DR, but Caribe Tours does. So get to terminal with time to spare so you can get your ticket and find your bus. It can be confusing in Santo Domingo since all the announcements over loud speaker are in Spanish and it can be hard to hear your destination since it is usually one of a number of stops mentioned in same announcement. What I would suggest you do is to buy your ticket then walk back to where the buses are lined up. Normally the bus to Sosua is in parking spot 1 or 2, maybe 3, but one of the first. Stand back there and wait. They will put up a sign with Sosua on it, and you can also ask any of the employees passing by which bus is for Sosua.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
If you miss the 6 am bus, the next departures are at 7 and 8 am.

Normally figure about 4.5 hours, but the 6 and maybe 7 am buses should do better than that because they will miss the heavy traffic. Also, the last bus to Santo Domingo may do better thanks to reduced traffic.

Keep in mind that lots of things don't run on time in the DR, but Caribe Tours does. So get to terminal with time to spare so you can get your ticket and find your bus. It can be confusing in Santo Domingo since all the announcements over loud speaker are in Spanish and it can be hard to hear your destination since it is usually one of a number of stops mentioned in same announcement. What I would suggest you do is to buy your ticket then walk back to where the buses are lined up. Normally the bus to Sosua is in parking spot 1 or 2, maybe 3, but one of the first. Stand there and wait. They will put up a sign with Sosua on it, and you can also ask any of the employees passing by which bus is for Sosua. Another advantage of waiting there is you can be one of the first on the bus so can pick your seat and decided if you want the first seat, aisle, or window. I have never taken that bus so don't know how many people do, but sometimes buses are full.

Also, Caribe Tours buses can be quite cool due to the AC, and I would expect that first bus may be one of them. so have an extra shirt or light sweater handy that you can put on if your bus is cold.

americangirl

May 30, 2006
Is there anyway to take the caribe bus from Santiago to Boca Chica, or do you have to go to the capital and then take a taxi?

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Sorry AmericanGirl...

americangirl said:
Is there anyway to take the caribe bus from Santiago to Boca Chica, or do you have to go to the capital and then take a taxi?
Caribe Tours doesn't go to Boca Chica. You'll have to take a local bus from the capital or a cab.

-Helpmann :)

zak023

Done and dusted!
Feb 8, 2006
Must take a Taxi

americangirl said:

Just did that 2 months Ago .. ALL Caribe Tours end at the terminal in Santo Domingo..The taxi ride is negotialble but figure on $25.00 UDS to Boca Chica.You'll be there in 20 minutes............

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
zak023 said:
Just did that 2 months Ago .. ALL Caribe Tours end at the terminal in Santo Domingo..The taxi ride is negotialble but figure on $25.00 UDS to Boca Chica.You'll be there in 20 minutes............

I did the reverse 5 weeks ago. Boca Chica to Caribe Tours terminal in Santo Domingo with a local taxi for 800 pesos.

It was easy!

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
bigbird said:
I did the reverse 5 weeks ago. Boca Chica to Caribe Tours terminal in Santo Domingo with a local taxi for 800 pesos.
Was that the rate from the Boca Chica taxi stand, or did you call a driver yourself?

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
rellosk said:
Was that the rate from the Boca Chica taxi stand, or did you call a driver yourself?

I stayed at Hotel El Caucho and the receptionist called a taxi for me.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
You realize

Brian said:
what would it cost you fro taxi to sosua from el caucho/

of course, that the trip described is about 4 hours across the entire country from South to North.

I'd guess a taxi would charge between $150 and $200.

Taxi from El Caucho to Caribe Tours bus station in Santo Domingo is about $30, and the bus to Sosua from there about $8.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
sweetdbt said:
of course, that the trip described is about 4 hours across the entire country from South to North.

I'd guess a taxi would charge between $150 and $200.

Taxi from El Caucho to Caribe Tours bus station in Santo Domingo is about $30, and the bus to Sosua from there about $8.

From Hotel El Caucho to Apart-Hotel Club R is Sosua took 6 hours. The above prices are correct. Forget the taxi and take the bus. The bus is very comfortable. The second stop in Santiage you will get a chance to get off the bus to buy something to eat and stretch your legs a bit. It is a great ride not to mention you have to opportunity to look at some beautiful women on the bus.