Google Earth - Now with more D.R. goodness

CommTHOR

Nov 7, 2005
Just fired up Google Earth and noticed since the last time I used it a couple weeks ago they have done a major upgrade/added a lot more detail. Interesting to zoom in on Ocean World, Playa dorada, etc. Sosua and Caberete still don't have the new detail, but Puerto Plate itself has a nice zoom level now. It also appears that large areas all over the DR also got the upgrade.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
CommTHOR said:
Just fired up Google Earth and noticed since the last time I used it a couple weeks ago they have done a major upgrade/added a lot more detail. Interesting to zoom in on Ocean World, Playa dorada, etc. Sosua and Caberete still don't have the new detail, but Puerto Plate itself has a nice zoom level now. It also appears that large areas all over the DR also got the upgrade.
You are right!

They even covered the southern part of Santiago. The monumento is clearly visible. Also, as far east from Santiago as the airport, which is also visible.

They expanded in many rural areas of the DR and Haiti. Previously only Santo Domingo and Port-au-Prince were visible.

Very nice.

Here is a little taste for those of you who don't have google earth (which, btw is easy to install):

Cibao Airport
cibaointernationalairport5rr.jpg

Fortaleza de San Felipe in Puerto Plata
lafortaleza6mb.jpg

Monumento a la Restauracion in Santiago
monumentodesantiago6cb.jpg

Pucamaima university campus in Santiago
pucamaima7jj.jpg

-NALs

holacanada

Sep 8, 2004
WOW - GO Google Earth !

From my house out there in Quebec city, I can see now Puerto Plata and all of the place I visit when I am in North Coast. I hope they are going to upgrade the images to Sosua and Cabarete too !

It's very impressive.

QUESTION:
For you what would be the next step in the Google Earth thing..?
For me it will be a all world covered by satelites and with a Upgrade of the images in a minute. Also a view of the plane direction, live, at the altitude of 5000 feet from a point to another, (No need to take Helidosa never..!!!) etc.

Bravo Google Earth !

Holacanada
In POP (for real) in 6 days..!

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
That is great... I thing Google Earth is one of the coolest things available on the 'net... I can see my condo in FL in perfect detail, but wondered why they havent done more detail for the DR. I wish the would move that detail box a little east to include Sosua and Cabarete!

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
And now I can even install Google Earth in Linux... That rocks !!!