Tricom y una pregunta

E

Eduardo

I'm very curious as to what kind of influence, in a buisness and social perspective, has Tricom brought to the people living in DR.
Also if someone can e-mail a link to other DR news web-sites, no me precupe si es en engles o enspano... gracias

F

Freddy

When TRICOM came into the market, there was only one supplier CODETEL who acted like a monopoly charging DR users around 2.5 times the world market price for each minute used in international calls, but was charging very little for local calls.

The competition that TRICOM provided forced codetel to lower its international rates and raise its local rates. It also opened the eyes of other telecom goods and services providers, who have now entered the market and are aggresively competing for the DR consumer's money.

Now our consumers are on top and are fought over all these companies, among which the three top are: CODETEL, TRICOM, FRANCE TELECOM and CENTENNIAL.

Regarding your second question, you will have to ask the DR1 news webmaster about it directly, by email. I only answer to this board, and am not a web expert.

L

LAZARO GONZALEZ

I WOULD LIKE INFORMATION ON DIFFERENT LUMBER YARDS THAT EXPORT WOOD TO U.S.A. MY COMPANY IS INTERESTED IN BUYING WOOD FOR THE MANUFACTURING OF FURNITURE. CAN YOU SUPPLY A LIST OF SUCH COMPANIES FOR FUTURE PURCHASES. THANK YOU.

F

Freddy

Logging is forbidden by law in the D.R.

Very few are permitted to cut down trees and under very burdensome conditions.

The D.R. imports the wood it needs for its furniture industry. It does not produce or export wood.

Foreign wood stockyards can be found in the Yellow Pages.