I like this sankie

Status
Not open for further replies.

laspinas76

Jun 13, 2006
I was in Punta Cana Princess resort and met this worker, i intend to go back in a couple months and I was invited to visit his hometown. Meet his family and have a good time because he said he wants to marry me... lets not get there. I need advice, is it safe to go out of the resort and go to small towns and to bring my children with me? Am I making a big mistake? I need to make plans soon and having doubts big time.

I had a great time with this person and if I know then what I know now I would not have given my info to this person.

Help

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
If you've already decided your boyfriend is a sankie what exactly are you asking? If it's about visiting the DR beyond the resorts, it's safe enough.

If it's about pursuing a relationship with a sankie, the advice is NO.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
laspinas76 said:
"Am I making a big mistake? I need to make plans soon and having doubts big time."

"Help"

If you are questioning yourself about the "worker" then there is no need to come to us as your first instinct is your best instinct. You have your answer if you have your doubts.

Regards,
PJT

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Well first of all you're calling him a sankie ( bad sign) then you ask a bunch of strangers if you are making a mistake and other bad sign because we have no clue about this guy and third your women's instinct's are saying watch out.

Like chiri said, it's safe to go out of the resort but you better put a lot of thought into someone you're calling a sankie.

Click here for more info on sankies.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Welcome to DR1!

Generally, it is safe to leave a resort. The surrounding towns are safe (during the day); don't flash jewelry or cash.

To go to the house of a resort worker that you barely know, one that you've labeled a s***ie, is questionable at best; especially when you are talking about bringing your children. You don't know if this person is a kook. Take it slowly. If you want to go to his house, go with another adult. Don't bring the kids.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
See it for what it was...fun on vacation! Would you consider getting serious/marrying someone you met at home after a brief encounter?????
He's only doing what all sankies do when they take you home to meet the familia...to meet the gringa who will be their mealticket to the land of milk and honey!!!!
Spare yourself (and more importantly your kids the heartache!!!).

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Woooooow!

AnnaC said:
Well first of all you're calling him a sankie ( bad sign) then you ask a bunch of strangers if you are making a mistake and other bad sign because we have no clue about this guy and third your women's instinct's are saying watch out.

Like chiri said, it's safe to go out of the resort but you better put a lot of thought into someone you're calling a sankie.

Click here for more info on sankies.
A lot of nice responses, therefore, I will play nice and say:

Anna, you and all the others are wasting your time.

Her mind is already made up. Worse yet, she is thinking of bringing her kids to spend time with someone that she knows nothing about and that says A LOT about a person's character. And besides, we do know what some sankies are capable of. What kind of mother does that?.

Stupid us for thinking that a 30 year old should know better!.

Send us a postcard!.

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Novia With Children

laspinas76 said:
.... Meet his family and have a good time because he said he wants to marry me... is it safe to go out of the resort and go to small towns and to bring my children with me? Am I making a big mistake? ...

No, you're not.

1. You'll be safe under the auspices of your sankie lover.
Dominicans do not do any harm to their milking cows.

2. You'll love to meet his sister (wife?) and her (his?)
children. His mother will give bear hugs and kiss you all
over. All will love you(r money).

3. All that you'll ask, will tell you that he is the most
serious and honest man on the island. You just cannot
go wrong. Many women will envy you.

m'frog

UK GIRL

Jun 13, 2006
Dont take the Kids

Why take your kids thats not fair to them. You have to understand at 30 that these guys do this week in and week out how many people do you think go on holiday there each year and you think wow they have picked me. I have friends that live there who are local I go to thier houses but they know not to mess with me for money etc etc we pay are own ways. When I was there in may my friends took some english girls out for the day (so they could make some money) then spent it on their night out with me. One of the boys even brought me a rose. The way of life is very different. I pay my way when I there and yeah I do buy a few extra beers but thats it. A guy who I hadnt seen for 3 years came up to me in a bar and said the usuall line oh my god its my birthday and my mother is sick can you give me some money my reply was JOG ON.

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
laspinas76 said:
I was in Punta Cana Princess resort and met this worker, i intend to go back in a couple months and I was invited to visit his hometown. Meet his family and have a good time because he said he wants to marry me... lets not get there.
Help

If a guy tells you he wants to marry you after a week of being together - what does it tell you? I would never take that person seriously. Normal men don't do such things. I might see him again if I liked being with him, but not much more then that.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Ob boy!

The "VOICES OF REASONS" are taking over this thread, GOD HELP US!!.

Roger and Out!!.

UK GIRL

Jun 13, 2006
The Voices with Good Reason

We have good reason to say what we are saying. A guy I know is married to an italian girl and he doesnt lover her he told me his just in it so his kids get a better up bringing and he get the hellout of there

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Help From Above

UK GIRL said:
....and he doesn't love her, he told me this and he (wants to) get the hellout of there

Almost everybody knows this.

The few, who don't, somehow someway find this board and try to convince the world that their sankies are different.

Ojal? que llueva cerebros.

m'frog

Status
Not open for further replies.