Starting a small business

lvsparky3

Jun 11, 2006
Is it possible to start a small mom and pop type cafe or some other business in DR. How do most americans make money there.How much in dollars would this cost. sparky:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Please send me a certified check for $4,000 and i will prepare you a cost-benefit study for a Mom and Pop operation that will include start up costs and cash flow estimates.
Otherwise we are just guessing in the wind.
Where
What
When

HB???????????

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002
lvsparky3 said:
Is it possible to start a small mom and pop type cafe or some other business in DR. How do most americans make money there.How much in dollars would this cost. sparky:
The vast majority of business in the Sosua/Cabarete area are mom/pop types of business. Some do very well, some fail miserably. The first question should be to yourself. Are YOU a business person? Have you been successful in entrepenorial endevors? Yes, it can be done, but, you need to know your market and you need to know yourself.

bigD

Aug 11, 2003
seems to me all the tourists that go to the DR all stay at the resorts to eat their AI food and drink the AI drinks .... I've started many a small business and the one business I would NEVER start would be a restaurant ... well maybe a brewpub .... naaaa