Info about special events in this area...

americangirl

May 30, 2006
I was in Boca Chica at the Hamaca during the Soul Siesta party over Memorial day. I did not know this function was taking place when we made the reservations, and I would have liked to have known. Is there any website or place to find out what sort of special events are taking place in DR, and when and where exactly they are taking place?

I would not have stayed at the Hamaca if I had known the Soul Siesta party was that weekend, and I do not want to go back to Boca Chica if there is another big party going on there....no offense to Soul Siesta people, it was just too crowded and loud for my taste.

Before I book my next trip, I wonder if I could find out if any special events are taking place, so I can plan my trips accordingly. thanks

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Ask and you shall receive. Look for the "Bureo" section of the El Caribe newspaper. it has most goings on listed. www.elcaribecdn.com

HB :D:D

Didn't we say that Boca Chica is NOT the best place to go??

americangirl

May 30, 2006
I know everyone on this site hates Boca Chica, but it is so close to the capital, where my family lives...that is why I like to go.

But I do not want to go if there is a huge celebration the weekend I plan on going....

Thank you for the site, I will look.

Does anyone else know personally of anything going in boca Chica during Labor day weekend?